“Much improved (really)”

Applebee's
Ranked #23 of 85 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Avoided the place for well over a year for two reasons... it being an Applebee's ... and was a poorly run one at that

Reluctantly returned after hearing it was remodeled and had new staff.

The verdict? Quite the change for the positive. It no longer looks shabby inside, and much more importantly... excellent service. Still an Applebee's, but now one of the better ones.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I try to avoid most chains but occasionally I will stop in one. This place is clean and the wait staff was very good. I ordered the fish and chips and my wife had the Mac and cheese. My fish was over cooked, the fries tasted like cardboard and the coleslaw was less than desirable. The Mac and cheese was not very tasty as well. Service gets an A, food a D.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ordered take out for 11 and it was hot and fresh when we got home! We had steak and shrimp in several orders so hot and fresh is great!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Every time we go here, we seem to get the same waiter. I'm pretty sure his name is Mike. He always is there ready to help you with anything and he'll remember a familiar face. He is probably one of the best waiters I have seen!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants and try to avoid as much as possible, but on a recent trip to Burlington with my son's baseball team we ate here. The food is usual Applebee's fare--good but not 5-star, Michelin-starred restaurant. BUT the service we received is one in a million. With hundreds of ball players and their parents in town, finding somewhere to eat as a team was hard--we'd been turned down by 2 other restaurants and it was nearly 8 pm. My husband & I took the point lead and went ahead of the boys to set the stage for our dinner. With a full restaurant the manager quickly found an option for all 30 of us that didn't include being scattered all over. The server was accommodating, funny, and attentive to our needs. The other servers and bus boys jumped right in and made sure our group had an excellent dining experience. This was, by far, my best Applebee's experience and I appreciate all they did for us and our boys!