“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn West Burlington

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
AmericInn West Burlington
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Kahoka
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The king suite and the regular rooms we got were beautiful and the staff was just amazing! The pool was super clean and the breakfast was good. Definitely a place we hope to come back to each year for our family vacation at Christmas

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review. Our staff takes pride in offering great guest service and I am happy to hear that our staff met your expectations. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, hope to see you again real soon.

Management
AmericInn of West Burlington, Iowa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Note that I stay at americinn hotels regularly. It took 15+ min to check in, clerk did not know how to run the computer. I got to my room and immediately noticed crumbs and lint on the floor. I used the restroom to find pubic hairs on both sides of the toilet. It was late in the evening (otherwise I would have left at this point) and I was so grossed out. I went to get in bed and slammed my shin on part of the steel bed frame that was sticking out about 4 inches from the base, when I lifted the bed skirt to see what I hit it revealed candy wrappers and pennies scattered along the bed base along with other debris. I woke the next morning to use my laptop to do some business only to find I only had 1 bar of signal from the wireless service in the hotel. That time will be the last time I ever step foot in the place again.

Room Tip: Don't go anywhere near this place.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing the best services and making sure that our guests are comfortable with their stay. I have brought these issues to my staff members attention to ensure that we do not have these problems occur again in the future.

Regards,

Management
AmericInn of West Burlington, IA.
Mediapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff were very friendly and upbeat. The person (I wish I could remember her name!) behind the desk went the extra mile to make an enjoyable stay for my kids in the swimming pool. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Burlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The drain on the hot tub in my room left bruises on my wife's hand,wrist and on my side. I thought what of that were a little kid what would have happened. I then let the clerk see the bruises on my wife and myself. I also had a party and the night clerk came barging into the room and said who's in charge of this party and when I told herb me , she said I needed to fill out paperwork that had already been done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dubuque, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Americinn did eactly what I needed and nothing else. It provided me a place to sleep. I don't need a fancy Hotel on short business trips. I don't need room service or a luxury lobby. You will not find these at the Americinn in Burlington. The Lobby was clean and the front desk help was friendly. My room was clean but in need of better lighting. The bed was also far beyond it's life span. Soft and no support. The bed spread and sheets need replacement also. thought I needed a new mattress in my house. Mine is new compared to the Americinn. At $55, I got what I expected.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Goodscout
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in July. My husband had to work on Sun, in the area, so I came along to enjoy part of the weekend. Due to the bike across Iowa, there were very few hotels available. We have a dog, so needed pet friendly. We had recently stayed at an Americinn in Madison, Wisconsin that was very nice, very clean, friendly staff and good breakfast. However, this was the extreme opposite. When we arrived, the lobby was OK, but when we were given our room, we walked down a very dark hall with stains all over the carpet. Our room was at the end and we had requested a no smoking room, which had a sign on the door indicating the same. On opening the door, we were greeted by the overwhelming smell of stale, strong smoke odor. We turned around and back to the front desk and were told there was only one other room available on the second floor and she would have to check with her manager before she could do this. She made the call, since no one else but this young girl obviously was on the property. After some discussion, she got off the phone and said the second floor room was not a pet friendly room and they would just put an ionizer in our room. We said no thank you. After some checking we were given another first floor room that was available. This one smelled like deodorant covering up smells. The beds looked like they were just thrown together, with the comforter hanging crooked and wrinkled and we questioned if the sheets had been changed. There was dirt at the end of the bed when laying down with a stale odor, but hated to look further for fear of what else I would find. The mattress was maybe 4 inches thick and hard. We left for the evening and figured we could manage one night of sleep here. Well, that was not to be had either, as around 1 AM there was a crowd of people coming in that made a huge racket outside, being on the first floor everything was heard outside as well, from screaming kids, to loud adults to crying babies and this continued inside and through the hall for at least 30 min. This was close enough for any staff to hear, if there were any around, to ask them to be quiet. About an hour later there was a crying young child that the mother tried to comfort in the hall, which is no fault of theirs, but every sound was heard including someone sneezing in the next room due to the paper thin walls. We did not eat breakfast because we wanted to just get out of there. I did try to get some hot water from their thermos for hot tea, but this was cold as well. I read one review after staying here that said save some money and stay in your car, and I fully agree. We were also charged $109 plus a $20 pet fee for this night when the posted rate on most sites averages $70. Definitely not worth even that.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms on first floor. The only other tip is if you are in the area, definitely...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

on an extended stay at this americinn I endured lots of change stolen. Nasty pool and hot tub. Big spiders. Long waits when trying to check in. I always prepay for specific rooms and more than six times they sold my room to other customers without notice. When I would try to get answers there were so many lies. One associate at the desk told me the owner reka would sell my rooms at a higher rate to accommodate herself for the money. When I started staying I was given fair rate for prepaying. It was raised. The manager tried to start charging ten more dollars for a fridge. Noise on most week nights was horrible. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh the night girl is so strung out on dope she can hardly comprehend a conversation. Twice during my two month stay there were vehicles damaged and burglarized. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013