“penelope”

Howard Johnson Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was both courteous and polite. We enjoyed our stay very much. The indoor pool was a great plus. We enjoyed the setup and the avenues for indoor fun including games and drinks. The catering to our party was great. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our employees take pride in providing our guests with great service and I am glad to know we exceeded your expectations. I will pass along your kind words to our staff. Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon.
Albia, Iowa
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for the Softball State Tournament. We were on an outer room and the carpets were not clean, we had to wear our shoes so our feet would not get dirty. There was a nice pool area with a tiki bar and New Orleans theme in the area. It would be nicer if the pool stayed open later than 10pm. We were told that we could check-in at 11am and upon arrival we were told that housekeeping had just gotten there and would have to wait until after 1pm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your last stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative aspects of your stay. We take pride in guest service and providing our guests with a clean comfortable place to stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time. I did pass along your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance departments to better serve our guests in the future. Again I apologize for the inconveniences and hope to see you return next softball season.
Waye, MI
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I agree that the hotel staff is wonderful, especially Mike. However, this hotel is a dive. There was mold on the shower walls, floor, ceilings and of all things, the ice machine!!! Run down doesn't explain the conditions of this hotel!! The carpet was so dirty, I refused to take my shoes off. The air quality of the room was terrible...my asthma acted up throughout the entire stay. It smelled so bad that I ran to Wal-Mart to buy an air freshener. Surprise surprise when I went to put it next to the vent there was a dead mummified mouse in the venting system!!! The fly's and fruit fly's were so bad around the pool and in the room, I required bug spray. The water pressure, or lack there of, required me to take an extra 5 minutes just to wet my hair. Don't even get me started on the water leak in the shower head that had the ceiling dripping nasty, moldy water from the tile. This was not the renovated hotel I expected to stay in after traveling 8 hours to Burlington. Oh, and don't be fooled by the pictures of the hotel, either on the internet or at the front desk. The only real one from this hotel is the pool. I don't have a clue where the rest of them came from. Save yourself....stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us. This however is not the norm and I would like to get more information regarding the room you were in. We take our guests and their comments very seriously and wish that you would have brought this to our attention while staying here. We would have fixed the problem or moved your rooms. If you would like to discuss this further please call me directly at 319-237-1397.

Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and I have always found the staff awesome! Bad room conditions this time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear of your negative experience this time. We take pride in providing great service and I am glad to have met your needs. I am however sorry you found other areas less than perfect. I would like to have more details of your room. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay. I again thank you and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rochelle
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Location is "run down" on the exterior. The interior of the room , however, was better. This is a casino area, so the noise level is high and disruptive during the late hours. It's not a good place to get good sleep during the night due to voices and slamming doors.
The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was OK.
Evidence of public consumption of alcohol around the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Super 8 Mt Pleasant
Super 8 Mt Pleasant
#1 of 5 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Howard Johnson Burlington? Share your experiences!