“Soup”

Howard Johnson Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The tiki bar bartender was the one of the best i have ever had. Would recommend him to any bar looking for employment. He did a great job mixing in the regulars with the new folks to create a ideal environment to enjoy a evening after a hard days work.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I appreciate you writing such kind words about our establishment.

I will be sure to let Soup know that he is doing a wonderful job at the Tiki Bar.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Burlington

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah K
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel either runs heat or air. There was a freeze warning out and we had a huge glass window to the outside of our room. I had a three year old and a one year old that wanted to go swimming. Not only was that a cold run dripping wet, but at one am we all woke up shivering. We finally got a space heater at 2 am and was able to make it to 8 am. They got us moved, but at the expense of missing the wedding we were in town for... The pool was also not heated. I work for Wyndham hotels and I get a significant discount at this hotel and I won't be using this again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robin D
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your recent stay at our hotel.

We operate with a boiler/chiller system. Our system is set up to have heat or air conditioning. During the season changes our guests sometimes experience a slight discomfort with the room temperatures. As you mentioned, we did provide you with a space heater when it was requested.

We do have interior rooms at our facility, that do not face the elements as much. I would encourage you to stay in one of those rooms for any future traveling needs.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was certainly underwhelmed while staying at this property. The hotel was dark and dirty. Windows were broken in some rooms. I saw only two members of the staff in the three days I was there. The location was nice but would likely not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ANDY S

I apologize that your stay was not up to your standards.

I do not understand where you saw broken windows, as we all of our windows are in working order. Also, our facility is fully staffed, but I have had a conversation with them to be more visible.

I would welcome you to try our hotel again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Entry to the hotel and lobby seemed nice and well taken care of. I knew the pool had to be clean from the smell. Our room was around back. It was as if we were at a different hotel. Run down, dirty, and a party going on somewhere. When we opened the door and after I picked my jaw back up the first words spoken where "Dont take your shoes off". It looked like a floor that you would expect to see a police outline from a dead body. We checked the toilet, sink, shower and sheets and because we used Wyndham points to pay for our room and couldn't get them back we decided that if we didn't touch anything it was ok to sleep for a few hours. WE WON'T BE BACK.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PEGGY Z
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for your generous comments about the lobby and pool areas.

I do apologize that the room cleanliness was not up to your standards. Since you stayed here, we have restructured the housekeeping department.

I would welcome you to try the hotel again, and see the improvements yourself.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The stay was great and Soup from the tiki bar was very polite and willing to help you out. The room was clean and housekeeping was very friendly. Pool was a little chilly and could have been warmer. Great breakfast in the mornings! Was very busy that weekend and office personnel done a great job at trying to keep up with all their duties.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We always welcome our guests feedback. I will be sure to let the staff know your wonderful comments.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Things were great, good service and helpful. Soup and Sam were very helpful and made the stay very enjoyable. I would recommend this location to anyone. Try out the tiki bar and great breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Super 8 Mt Pleasant
Super 8 Mt Pleasant
#1 of 5 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Howard Johnson Burlington? Share your experiences!