A nice hotel & good stay overall. I stayed there on a saturday night.
The good: I liked the layout of the inside of the hotel. The room was what one expects & bed comfortable . The rooms surround the pool area that includes a miniature golf course for the kids & Tiki bar. The price is very reasonable compared to the Casino & other hotels in the immediate area. The wi-fi connection was good & I had no problem connecting.
The not so good: Early check-in is advertised on the website, but when I got there at 130pm, I was told that NONE of the rooms were ready yet & to come back at 3pm. That seemed odd & gave me the impression that housekeeping wasn't very organized/efficient.
The breakfast was EXTREMELY disappointing! I went down there at 945am & the container that holds the eggs & hot items was empty. When I asked if they were bringing out more, the lady simply said NO & simply walked away. I looked to see what else was left & saw biscuits & gravy & thought I would try that. Didn't work/happen. The biscuits were FROZEN SOLID! What a joke! I ended up simply eating a banana & juice.
It's possible breakfast ended at 930am, but there was no obvious way to know since the hours were not posted when walking into the eating area. Also, the area was VERY messy with dirty dishes on most of the tables & the trash cans were so over flowed that plates were piled on top to the point that milk had spilled onto the floor & was all over the place. This creates a safety hazard & isnt very sanitary.
I mentioned my disappointment when I checked out a few minutes later to the desk clerk. She offered to get a doughnut or something similar, but I declined & said I would go somewhere else to get breakfast. Also, I wasn't offered a receipt/copy of the bill for my stay at either check-in or check-out.
Overall, I enjoyed the stay & would recommend staying there again, based primarily on the price & close proximity to places to eat & visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 61 North and Mt. Pleasant St (Rte 34), the Howard Johnson Burlington is next door to the Catfish Bend Casino and Burlington Bees Stadium and close to Fun City Family Water Park. In addition to our friendly staff and top notch service, you will find 2 indoor heated swimming pools, a hot tub/whirlpool, 4 large banquet halls for weddings, meetings and parties. Our Poolside weddings are unique. We provide full catering services. We have a Tiki bar and Lounge. All our guest rooms have flat screen 32 inch LCD TVs with Free HBO, Microwaves and Refrigerators. We offer Complimentary Breakfast, Free High Speed Wireless Internet Access. Our Bridal and Honeymoon suite is a beautiful addition with Jacuzzi and a 40 inch LCD HDTV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Howard Johnson Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Burlington Hotel Burlington
- Howard Johnson Burlington Iowa