“Fantastic hidden jewel in the downtown area!”

La Tavola Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My fiancee' and I found this little restaurant to be absolutely wonderful! The food portions were huge...actually took half home of each of our dinners for the next day! The food is excellent! He had the cheese ravioli with marinara and I had cheese tortillini with a cream sauce that I don't remember the exact name of the dish, but it was to die for! We tried the garlic knots and the tiramisu and both were wonderful! The restaurant has a nice cozy atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. We can't wait to go back! We visited during lunch on a Saturday and just lucked out that we got there before the real rush started but we have heard it is a necessity to make a reservation for dinner. If you don't want leftovers, you can share your meal for a $3 charge and I guarantee you both would leave full anyway! We were also excited to find out that they do offsite catering! Great little find in downtown Burlington!

1  Thank Schelly1969

Reviewed November 6, 2012

It took a gift certificate to get me there but now I'm hooked. The portions are huge and delicious. The lasagna is basic but excellent, full of cheesy goodness. The pizza is a thin crust, which we love and the toppings were fresh. The Balsamic Vinaigrette is the best I have ever had. I love Tiramisu and theirs does not disappoint. The atmosphere is cozy and small. Weekends call for a reservation.

1  Thank Theresa N
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Carlo and his family run a cozy and quaint Italian eatery in the heart of the Midwest. Yes you will need to make reservations around a week in advance to get a table on a Friday or Saturday night or most any night for that matter and yes it is that good. They have limited seating that makes the eating experience seem like a small family run eatery in any small town in Italy. From the photos on the walls to the mouth watering food choices, each meal is crafted with personal care to make sure that your experience is second to none. My personal favorite is the Penne Puttanesca, I have eaten a life time of this dish in the last 4 years and it still continues to draw me back again and again. However my wife’s favorite wavers between the Chicken Sorrentino and the Gnocchi with Gorgonzola. The only problem you will have is what to eat and don’t forget the garlic knots.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Love TaVola. Food is excellent and our calzone was huge. Tokk 3/4 of it home for lunch the next day. Small cozy atmosphere. Reserfvations recommended for evening hours.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

for a typical day out and for a good pizza and Italian dish - this place is recommended. The service is good - wished the portions were bigger