“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Food was Great! Can't believe it is Burlington! Only negative would be the HVAC. It was warm. A must go to when in Burlington.

There are newer reviews for La Tavola Italian Restaurant & Pizza

Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you like italian, you'll love La Tavola. The food reminds me of much higher priced restaurants in big cities. Loved the food. If you are going for lunch get there before noon or you wont find a seat!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food was very very good, the service was friendly, the atmosphere was fine although a little warm, and the prices were reasonable. Would recommend to friends and would dine there again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was prepared to be wowed by this place because of the reviews but my experience was underwhelming. The garlic knots were dense and not light and fluffy as described by others. The marinara seemed too watery. The lasagna was a huge serving, but the meat sauce was not very well developed...there was lots of cheese, but I wouldn't order this again. I didn't even enjoy eating the leftovers. I may return to give their pizza a try, or their picatta dishes, but I would not order the lasagna again. The salad is what I enjoyed the most. The restaurant is small and is not air conditioned. I am glad that they have been successful and have a good following. I am sorry that I won't be among their loyal repeat customers; it just didn't live up to the expectations others purported.

1  Thank WomanOfthePlains
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Looked at google for a place to eat shortly after checking into our hotel. LA Tavola was rated very high on multiple sites, so we decided to try it out.

If you're reading my review, you've read others. There were two things that my family and I could be critical about. Keep in mind, all of the great things you have read in previous reviews are leading you in the right direction. It was hot in the restaurant, and they seemed to be a little stingy with soda refills. I am being like the movie critic everyone hates. This place was absolutely fantastic!