“Great anniversary getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Squirrel's Nest Bed & Breakfast, LLC
Ranked #1 of 4 Burlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic getaway for our 20th anniversary. After searching online I narrowed my choices down and decided to give the Squirrel's nest a try. I was intrigued by the view and the awards the Squirrel's Nest has received. I definitely made the correct choice! The view is as good as advertised. The room was perfect for a romantic stay. Inez even had roses on the bed for our arrival! We enjoyed the hot tub tucked away above and behind the bed that still had a view of the river. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was perfect for a weekend stay. The best part of the stay was most likely the breakfast. The signature scone was amazing and I loved the quiche. The whole spread was delicious! Definitely the right choice for a couples weekend!

2  Thank Jason A
There are newer reviews for Squirrel's Nest Bed & Breakfast, LLC

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We spent last Tues and Weds nights at the Squirrel's Nest. We really enjoyed it. We had the Squirrel's room which was fantastic. It has a wonderful view of the MS River and the neighborhood back yards from the third story deck. We had a couple of drinks while enjoying the view. The hot tub also had a view of the river. You wake up to the sunrise which is followed by breakfast, which we had at 9am. Inez prepared a very tasty breakfast that was very well presented.
Our son lives in Burlington and he had got us the room for Mother's/Father's Day present. It was a great present and I am sure we will stay there again.
Paul & Cath

Room Tip: Get the Squirrel's Room.
2  Thank paul r
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had a 4 night stay in the Bear's Den and was glad I chose this B&B over a hotel. While my friends traveling with me stayed in hotels and complained about less than stellar breakfast, I got a homemade meal prepared with love every morning. I also got a very comfy king size bed! Inez and David were wonderful hosts. The view was great, the accommodations lovely. It really did add that special touch I was looking for while I visited Burlington for the Snake Alley Festival of Film. Although I was pretty busy and not at the house much, I really enjoyed the conversations with Inez, David and the other guests in the morning or at night. The decorations of squirrels and bears around the house are delightful and the food fresh and yummy. I know I'll be back again! May have to stay in the Squirrel's Nest next time! Definitely a more memorable housing choice than an impersonal hotel and highly recommendable. Close to downtown Burlington and just as close to the Highway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ms_dps
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The penthouse is worth every cent - the view is truly amazing, the comfort first class. The accommodation is beautifully designed with attention to your every need. Hosts Inez and David really want you to enjoy your stay and their breakfast was superb, as well as being a sociable experience.
A couple of tips - the apartment is equipped for a cold meal, but there are few opportunities in the town to buy supplies. Arrive with a cold meal if you'd like to enjoy eating in.
Also, you may want to bring eye-covers if you need a complete blackout to sleep - the large windows don't allow a complete blackout - but you can watch the sun set and rise whilst lying in bed!

Room Tip: Blow the budget and book the penthouse suite! The view is unbeatable.
2  Thank PostcardCollector
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I only had one night to stay and I am so glad I choose this B&B. I choose it for the view it had of the Mississippi River. The hosts were wonderful for helpful with things to see and do in the area.

It was a holiday weekend we all went out to breakfast together, great way to start a vacation, and the view of the Mississippi was perfect.

Room Tip: You need to be able to climb stairs as there are a lot of them, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MDBak
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The penthouse has an amazing view. It is a gorgeous and comfortable room. We loved the whirlpool tub. The house is beautiful. We felt welcome and relaxed in this house. Inez is a master baker--yummy cookies in our room and wonderful muffins for breakfast. The view from the dining room is amazing too, and the huge breakfast---fruit, muffins, quiche, bacon--was fantastic. Thanks to kind and welcoming hosts!!! We will be back for the B and B (number one B and B ever) and for Napoli's Pizza (in my top five best pizzas ever).

Room Tip: The penthouse for the view and huge space
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lynettte S
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Squirrel's Nest and enjoyed both the hospitality and our very gracious hosts. Great things:
Beautiful view of the river out the window of the Penthouse Suite, which is a lovely and comfortable accommodation. We did not try out the whirlpool tub, although our innkeeper Inez, encouraged us to do so.
The B&B is immaculate. We've stayed in a number of B&B's and this is easily the cleanest one I ever stayed in. Most are lovely and clean - this is off the scale clean, but it isn't fussy and uncomfortable by any means.
Great bed and comfortable furnishings. My husband is a big guy and isn't comfortable in too frilly/dainty rooms. The furnishings in the penthouse are very nice, but also comfortable.
The cookies in the room were a tasty treat.
Our breakfast was very good and substantial. Sometimes we've left B&B's and stopped for a snack an hour later. Not the case at Squirrel's Nest. However, our breakfast was not a gooey, fat laden affair. We had a crustless quiche, bacon, large homemade blueberry muffins, beautiful fruit salad, juices and coffee/tea. We didn't eat again until we ate dinner! Our hosts asked if it was o.k. to join us at the table and we had a lovely visit with two interesting people.
Inez understands customer service and was careful to make sure our needs were met.
I would gladly, and easily go back for another visit.

Room Tip: The penthouse is up a number of steps. They are broken up by landings and hallways, but if you have...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple