“Consistently quality food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gators Grill and Spirits
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Burlington
“Consistently quality food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have never had a bad meal at Gator's. The menu is extensive. There is something for everyone. Very nice Senior's menu for smaller appetites is also available. Wait staff is always very friendly. Great place for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Mediapolis, Iowa
“Always enjoy coming to Gator's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in the area. Good food and good service. Have to admit I usually stick with a sandwich or a wrap, but I enjoy both. I have to give a shout our to our favorite waitress, Neesha. She always has a smile and is absolutely hilarious!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, Iowa
“Mediocre at Best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

It is always packed, so maybe I am the "Lone Ranger" on this one. It seems to me that the menu is too expansive & maybe they should narrow it down and find a few things they can specialize in??
My family has went there a handful of times in the prior two years we have lived here, and I haven't been impressed even once.

• Visited January 2014
Burlington, IA
“Won't see you lator, Gator”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently a group of 6 of us ate here on a busy weekend night. Since we live fairly close to this establishment we were all familiar with it, but for the life of me I have never understood why it so popular. Anyway, we decided to eat here. To be fair, we had reserved a table and it was ready for us when we arrived. Initial impressions were pretty good. We ordered an appetizer, nachos, ok but nothing extraordinary. Our meals arrived in reasonable time, and everyone said their food was "good", nothing excellent, but good. One person requested additional sauce for their sandwhich since it did not contain much of the advertised Jack Daniels sauce. The person was 3/4 of the way to the end of their sandwich when, after reminding our server of the requested sauce, the sauce arrived. Our server tried hard, but simply put she was overworked and overstressed. The Gator's experience took a spiraling nose dive when the bill arrived complete with a 50 cent charge for additional sauce. 1 extra sauce for a sandwich...delayed in its arrival...an extra charge. Not for me, not in today's business world...and to top it off a manager came over to our table because our server new we were unhappy and he was snotty, argumentative, and his visit to our table and his poor customer service attitude is the sole reason for this review. I would have let it go, but service and treatment of customers in the way this manager treated us should not be tolerated. We will not return, and instead I highly recommend visiting Uncle Ronnie's, the Drake, La Tavola, or Big Muddy's instead of Gators.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank readittoday
Cabot, Arkansas
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was expecting a really good restaurant from all the other reviews, and it wasn't. Had the corn nuggets as an appetizer, which was good. Cheese soup, average at best. I also had the chicken strips and fries for dinner and it was horrible. I believe that I could have grabbed the same from the frozen section of a grocery store and had better food.
On the plus side, the beer was nice and cold and the waitress was really nice. I would definetly not recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013