“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklyn
New Carlisle, Indiana, United States
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

.We were really impressed with our stay at the Inn. Very clean and quiet and the owners were very accomidating to our needs. We stayed in the suite which had a jacuzzie and a king size sleep number bed which was great. In the morning the owner met us in the breakfast room and talked to us which you don't find anywhere else. The only suggestion I made was that in the tub/jacuzzi that there be handicap bars to assist those who have trouble getting in and our of the tub. We definately will stay there on our next trip to NE to visit our son. Very pleased and also would recommend eating at the Pinecone resturant very good. Easy access to the interstate 80.

Room Tip: won't be dissappointed we were on the third floor faceing the interstate and was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SharonGrove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Bad Service! Bait and Switch!. The sign out front advertised $55 per night. Got inside and asked about rooms and prices. The Indian man at the desk was not particularly polite, but informed me that they did have a room for me for $85 per night. I asked about the $55 rate and he said it was for a single person (I was with my wife). I asked if he had any other rooms at a lower rate. He said that $85 was the lowest price room. Then I asked if they took the Entertainment Book discount or AAA discount. He said they had a AAA discount and then asked for my ID. He began entering my info. into the system. I asked him how much the AAA discount was. He seemed confused, so I rephrased by asking what the total rate would be after the AAA discount. He told me it would be $85. I asked why he was not giving me the discount, to which he replied that he was. I reminded him that $85 was the rate he quoted before I inquired about the AAA discount. He then rudely replied that it was a good rate and that hotels down the road would cost more. We needed to get sleep, so we were basically going to pay whatever he charged, being the only show in town. He lied to my face about the price, which in different circumstances I would not tolerate. BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR DECEPTIVE PRICING!

In the morning after getting a plate of continental breakfast for my wife and bringing it out to the car for her and then returning to fill a plate for myself the same man from the night before started hassling me about not bringing food up to the room. When I realized that he was talking to me I was shocked that he had the gall to try to tell me what I could or could not bring into my hotel room. Excuse me, buster, but when you already rip me off on the room rate, you had better not be under any delusions that you can tell me what I may or may not have in my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dissatisfied C

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Hallsville, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The name says it all! Lovely rooms with a very clean comfortable atmosphere! I travel all over and stay in motel/hotels on average 3-4 nights a week and this one was a very pleasant surprise and the price made it over the top. The 2 guys up front were very personable and had funny sense of humor. I will stay there again! It was obvious they care about their property and their guests and that is refreshing these days! Thank You!

1 Thank Angela M
Brooklyn, Iowa
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am traveling for work and I pulled into the Pleasant Stay Inn and Suites and found a great location. Nice air conditioning, easy to use internet, super comfy bed, and best of all the staff here has been super accommodating and nice. Dinesh checked me in and made sure I had a comfy stay.

1 Thank Ashley H
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After traveling for long hours all i wanted was some rest to get back on the road. I decided to stop here, but i always check where I'm staying. I looked into the reviews of the hotel. I read positive and negative things. I know most of the time people just like to complain like any other business. i arrived and the person working in front desk was really friendly. The price for a room was really reasonable, i decided to stay. I walked inside the room i was going to be staying and it was really clean. I got the rest i needed to get me back on the road. Over all this hotel was really nice,clean and comfortable. i would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shawn L
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I often stay in this hotel and find it a excellent place to stay where rooms are clean,service is from heart and rates are always reasonable .As a repeat customer great care is taken to provide me the room even if hotel is busy Essler dubois.

1 Thank essler d
Rosiclare IL
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were quoted one price on the phone - given a different price when we got there - had an extremely small room that was less than clean by any ones standards and when we checked out our receipt was handed to us folded - we had heard another customer complaining about being quoted one price and charged another as well - we checked our receipt and the charge was almost double the price we had been told at the desk that night - it was the same guy by the way night and morning. He did fix the charge to the price he had told us the night before but had we not looked and gotten down the road I honestly feel like we would of paid the double amount. Also no elevator in the building. Should we ever pass through this part of the country again we will definitely be making arrangements to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debby J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Grinnell
Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites

Been to Pleasant Stay Inn? Share your experiences!