“Pretty nice experience overall”
Review of Pleasant Stay Inn

Pleasant Stay Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have worked in hotels and I have also stayed in hotels all over the country. I know that many managers/companies/family-owned hotels go for the money, money, money. Although I am sure the off-season had something to do with it, I was given a very reasonable rate for a suite with a large hot tub and living area. The bathroom was enormous! The manager was friendly and gracious and patient with my many questions.
Although the hotel has a Brooklyn address, there is no town on this exit. Even the town (on the next exit) is pretty dead, so don't expect much to do. They have a pool, but I guess don't run the heater until business picks up.
The hotel is well-taken care of, very clean, and much larger than it looks from the outside (It is 3 stories, and between 60-80 rooms). I am not sure if it has an elevator, as I used the stairs everytime.
One minor complaint was that the only hot food for breakfast was boiled eggs. There was bread, bagels, small muffins, 3 kinds of fruit and a couple cereals, and that was it. There was also no decaf coffee, but the single serve pot upstairs did have some. I don't know if they put out a better breakfast when business picks up or if its always that way.
My only other complaint was that the internet would not work in my room. I came down to the second and first floors and it did connect okay there. I am not sure if this was because there was not a wifi hotspot on the 3rd floor or because tablets are known for not doing well very far from the wifi location. Maybe a little of both.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable. They were not too hard not too soft.
If I could get that rate again and bring my wife next time, I would come back. All and all it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: If you need a rest at a good, clean, quiet hotel, this place is for you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank primalclaws1974
There are newer reviews for Pleasant Stay Inn

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Us and 7 other couples stayed here this weekend. (02-9-13) Out of the 8 rooms we had 1 that not even cleaned from the night before. Beds were not made ,garbarge was full and nasty. After telling the front desk of this, the person on duty was short and abrupt, got a different room, but on a different floor. The "NEW" room was stinky and the Smoke Detector was hanging down and wires hanging from it.

Another room had a red stain on the floor between the beds that was disgusting!

Another room the TV only worked on 3 channels and the "V Chip" would not let you watch anything else. Did not know how to get rid of it so he came up and took the tv out of the room across the hall and switched it. Didn't take it down to the office. So the next person gets a surprise that way.Yippie!!

Our room had two lights burnt out, one waas in the shower.

When we 1st called about the rooms we asked twice if they had a pool and hot tub. Said "Yes "
When we got there the pool had a tarp over it and WE cud "Roll top tarp back" Water was Barely warm enuf not to freeaze!! Oh yeah , the heater was out!! The Hot tub was out to!!! Had a sump pump sitting it. The 2" of water left in it was GREEN with Algea. Don't think that grows in just a day or two!!!
In the morning, the lady at the front desk must never of heard the phrase of "Customer Service"
Was out of Orange Juice, out of Coffee, And she was more interested in txting than getting more!!

Drive a little further and save ALOT of GRIEF and Money!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This motel is now known as Pleasant Stay Inn, formerly Baymont Inn and formerly Sleep Inn. The phone system does not work properly at this motel---you can not make outside calls and no one knows how to solve it. The shower was lukewarm---can not get water hot enough. The TV only gets 23 channels. The management was friendly but I don't think they are doing enough to address the issues that this motel has.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel was not like the Baymont Inn's that we have stayed at before. The hotel was old and smelled old. It also lurks some curry smelling food. The king bedroom we were at was very small and furnitures were just stuffed to the wall. The ac did not work and above all this, it was way over priced. I would never go there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were on a fast trip through Iowa and needed a place to rest. Found a coupon for this hotel and what a deal it was. Great room, great breakfast, and for a very reasonable price. It was clean and the hotel clerk was very helpful!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rosemary N
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Musty odor in elevator. But otherwise clean and great bang for your buck. Was using it as a stop on my way to Cali. Didn't use the pool or get breakfast. Sleeping in is the way to go. Apparently this used to be a nasty sleep inn - I guess that's why it had bad reviews in the past (that made me scared). But it looks redone and much better than what was written previously.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Dk100200
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After the past three nights on the road, this property is at the bottom. Being fair, it is clean and the front desk was friendly. The WiFi is free - no frig (which is important to my husband). There is a mirror/sink separate from the bath (which is important to me) and a cover on the toilet (which is important to us both).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judi H

Been to Pleasant Stay Inn? Share your experiences!