“Okay...”
Review of Super 8 Boone

Super 8 Boone
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It is a nice hotel, but I sincerely feel as though we paid too much for this hotel. It was $90.00 to stay one night for a king bed; which was very comfortable, but the internet did not work properly and our toilet extremely loud. For a spontaneous trip; we didn't give ourselves a lot of options, but would choose not to stay here again. The staff was very friendly though!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Boone

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Alright where do I start?? We came to Boone on Saturday September 8th for the stock car races that were going on. We were originally going to stay in Ames because there were no rooms available in Boone. On the way to the racetrack I decided to see if there were rooms available and there were for not much more then the room in Ames so I took advantage of it. What a mistake that was. I made the reservation on my phone and had no option to put in how many people were staying and a credit card number. I called to confirm the reservation and hold it with my credit card. The guy on the phone never asked how many people I was with and when we got there to check in as he was running my credit card he asked how many people were staying and I told him and he said he would have to charge me 168.00 for the room! Almost double from what the price was when i booked the room an hour and a half before!!! Well since we canceled our other room for half the price we stayed there. I brought the complaint to corporate and almost 2 weeks later I am still fighting to save the 50 bucks!

We only slept here so I really didn't pay attention to all the other details

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We attended the Farm Progress Show in Boone as a vendor and this hotel had the last availability of rooms directly in the area so we were forced to book it. They charged $218/night because of this event going on in their town. We were absolutely taken advantage of because of that. We did a search for the following week (exact nights we stayed) and the rate would have been $60. I travel frequently for both business and pleasure and often stay in 4-star type hotels and aren't charged that daily room rate.

Next time I'll lose the luxury of possibly staying right in the same town but I won't have to endure price gouging.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had asked about bringing a dog before booking the room. I decided not to bring the dog. I was asked about the dog when I was checking in. I told them I decided not to bring the dog. The lady at the check-in eyeballed me up and down and said that she would be checking the room to make sure there wasn't a dog. I told her that was fine. She once again asked me if I was sure I didn't have a dog. Very very rude people.

I was put in a room on the 2nd floor. Upon walking up the stairs all I could smell was curry and it made me sick to my stomach. The smell was all down the hallway my entire stay. Every other hotel was booked full because of some conventions in the area. Everything, and I mean everything in this room was nasty. The towels were gray from stained filth. The sheets had stains on them. The shower curtain had dark stains all over it and I requested it be replaced. It was replaced with a shower curtain that had runs all through it. The sink would back up. The coffee maker in the room had old coffee grounds in it. Just horrible! Don't stay here!

There were no races that time period but in the morning and evening there are groups of people drinking beer and smoking right outside the front door. Men on average of about five deep just hovering around the front door. Semi trucks were abound and men would go out and come back in the hotel at all hours of the night pounding on doors and yelling through the halls because they were drunk. Just a very horrible experience. Stay in Ames and drive into Boone if you need to, but don't stay here!

Room Tip: Better stay somewhere else unless you like the smell of curry in the morning, dealing with loud drun...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband & I reserved a room for my son's ISU graduation. When we arrived, they did NOT have the information regarding our pets. Said I didn't note it. They worked around that and got us a room so we could house our dogs also. We had another room for my elderly parents. We asked for a ground level floor and the manager said "can't they walk one flight of stairs". I was so mad, as was my husband. We finally managed to get my parents 84 & 89 upstairs and in their room. My husband I headed towards our room with the two dogs and the manager said that we could not leave them unattended AT ALL. We told him that we had a graduation to attend and he said we would have to take them with and leave them in our car!!!!! (Which is illegal). We were furious!!! He then said well "you must check out then"!!!! WOW great management. Needless to say we DID check out and hauled my parents back down the flight of stairs! VERY RUDE and lacked compasion. Terrible management. Did finally find a great place in Ankeny!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jenniesue66
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights so that we could attend his HS reunion. The rooms appear to have been recently remodeled but are still your typical "Inexpensive Motel" style.
The room we were in and that of our friends across the hall - as well as the entire hallway - absolutely REAKED of Cigarette Smoke!!!!!!! It was disgusting and they need to have the carpets cleaned and air out the entire motel. The people working there were very friendly and helpful but one person sitting at the front desk - behind the NO SMOKING sign - was smoking!!
I would recommend staying elsewhere if you are offended by the smell of cigarettes; it just isn't worth it to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BelmarGirl
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed at the Super 8 Motel Boone with my husband and 2 1/2 year old son when we came to see Thomas at the Boone Scenic Railway. The hotel I had hoped to book was already full by the time I made reservations so we stayed at the Super 8. It is your average motel - nothing too impressive except the front desk staff who were very nice and helpful. Our room was ok. A little older and worn, but ok. The bathroom was clean which is a big plus in my book. The only thing I was wary about was the comforters - we just took them off the bed and didn't use them. The breakfast the next morning was again ok. Not a ton of selection, but we all found something to eat. I thought the price was a little much for what we got, but we didn't have much of a choice. I would stay here again if the other hotel is booked.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Baymont Inn & Suites Boone
Red Roof Inn Ames
Red Roof Inn Ames
#11 of 20 in Ames
Holiday Inn Express Ames

Been to Super 8 Boone? Share your experiences!