“Fantastic”
Review of Whistle Stop Cafe

Whistle Stop Cafe
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Boone
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went to Boone on a whim looking for a new place to eat and this is the place at which I arrived. I got there at about 1 p.m. and quite hungry. The french toast portions are hearty and made to perfection. The french fries and tenderloin were made to perfection and absolutely hit the spot. The employees were extremely friendly and it was a good atmosphere of what I could definitely tell was locals. The food is delicious, the prices are reasonable, breakfast is served all day and the staff is friendly. Definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank 172,542

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My fiance and I ate here on our way to the Boone Valley Historic Railroad. We each needed to use the restroom and we were ushered through the most disgusting kitchen scene we'd ever been privy to! I couldn't believe the unsanitary conditions! I don't know how they stay in operation! When the food arrived it was just terrible. We left....didn't eat anywhere else because we were sick to our stomachs. Please, don't go here! With a name like 'Whistle Stop' and being near a historic train, you'd think there would be cool decor and atmosphere but that also sorely lacks!

3  Thank Cecilia M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed a breakfast that was reminiscent of my Grandmothers home cooking. Eggs, ham, perfectly fried potatoes and toast. The coffee flowed and was good café coffee, strong but flavorful. The folks were friendly, courteous and engaging. Asked where we were from and we all had an enjoyable conversation. Great place for food and conversation!!

1  Thank NORBERT A