“A Favorite Elegant Hideaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Iris Tea Room
Cuisines: American
“A Favorite Elegant Hideaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have met friends here for several years and always leave with a smile. Each table has a vase with a silk iris in it, with decorative placemats and miniature salt and pepper shakers. My favorite entree is a vegetable guiche with fruit soup and a salad with extra tomatoes in a dried tomato venaigraitte dressing. Their tea is good,c but lately I have been ordering interestingly flavored coffees such as chocolate raspberry or white macadamia chocolate. I often order more fruit soup for dessert, but when my friend tasted her dessert of freshly made peach pie, she expressed the deliciousness of it with rapturous ooohs, mmmms and a wink. I knew I had to order a slice for myself. She was right! Oh my! I proceeded to order two more slices to go as well as a chocolate candy, all for my husband to enjoy later, at his photography studio. This family owned and run business is a delightful haven from the hustle and bustle of a workday.I have shared much laughter and secrets with friends at the Iris Tea Room. There are antiques for sale in two rooms and in the front window for sale.Once you are there,, you'll get the feeling that you don't want to leave!

• Visited August 2012