“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Boone

Baymont Inn & Suites Boone
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha Ne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I don't plan to stay at this hotel again even though it's very convenient to the business I do in Boone. I felt the room was dirty - especially the bathroom - and didn't even try the food based on that. I was never able to connect to the internet so lost valuable work time. Next time I will stay in Ames and drive the 15 minutes to ensure a good hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA. I would like to apologize that you were not happy with your stay while you were here. I am not sure if you made the front desk aware of your issues when you arrived, but if we are aware of any problems, then we can take the proper actions to fix any issues there may be. I would also like to apologize for the internet problem. We did recently experience an outage with our carrier that affected the whole town of Boone, They did get the problem fixed as soon as they could. Hopefully you will give us another chance to be able to serve you better in the future.
Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Yes, it was cold outside (10 degrees) but just a couple of weekends before it was even colder (below 0) and we stayed at a hotel with a pool and we weren't cold. This hotel was COLD!!!! The halls were cold, the pool area was frigid and our room was probably in the 60's even though I had the heat turned up to the upper 70's and eventually as high as it would go but the room just wouldn't get any warmer. The kids avoided the pool and sat in the hot tub but even that wasn't really hot. I couldn't even get into my swim suit to get in the hot tub the air temperature was so cold. Our family and several of the other guests asked for someone to turn up both the air temperature and the pool temperature but it obviously didn't happen because it was just as cold the next day. The following are more reasons for the terrible review.
1. I sat in the pool area watching the kids with a PLASTIC bottle of water I purchased from the hotel's vending machine. After about two minutes of sitting there the front desk person came in and said there is no food or drink allowed, even water. OMG. So I left and sat on the balcony of our suite and watched the kids, freezing cold with my plastic bottle of water.
2. The jacuzzi jets in our suite didn't work. They made a lot of noise but didn't have any pressure. There was nasty white floaty stuff in the jacuzzi and I had to rinse it out twice to get it clean. I will say that the other room we got was clean and no problems with anything in that room.
3. The hot water for the jacuzzi and shower was luke warm at best.
4. No pool toys allowed in the pool area. Of all the hotels I've been at in my life (I've been around, check out my other reviews) I've NEVER seen that except for at a water park.
5. Lobby de-caff coffee gone.
6. Orange and apple juice was not working at breakfast.
7. Many items were gone at breakfast and not being refilled and we lingered about 45 minutes.
8. Blankets stained with what looked like a combination of blood/cheetos/punch??? Asked for more blankets due to icky factor and being cold. We won't be back and based on this experience I can't recommend this place. I truly think this is the worst Baymont we've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA. I would like to apologize that you had issues when you stayed with us. As for the pool area being cold, unfortunately we cannot control mother nature and it was a very bitter cold weekend. All of our heater units were functioning properly and were turned up to 90 degrees. The pool is set at 83 degrees and the hot tub is set at 103 degrees and they were both maintaining their temperatures. We do have a sign posted on the way in to the pool stating "No Food or Drink Allowed" and if we make an exception for one person, then everyone will want to take their drinks in the pool. We also have a sign posted about no pool toys. We have this rule for safety reasons. When there is alot of people in the pool, it makes it harder for people to keep an eye on their children if there is a bunch of pool toys. On the hot tub, you can turn the knobs where the jets are to be able to turn up the amount of pressure that comes thru the jets. I would like to apologize about the stained blanket. We do change our bedding on our beds daily so that they are clean and fresh for the next guest. I will address this with the proper department. Our juice machine did break down on Sunday and we had to have the company come and fix it, which they were not able to until Monday. We were a full house this last weekend and there was 2 of us to try to keep up with stocking in the breakfast room. But it was a very busy place. Thank you for your feedback and again I would like to apologize that you were not happy with your stay. Hopefully you will give us another chance, if you are in Boone, IA again.

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Fargo, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I can give this hotel just an average rating due to the carpets and the bathtub, neither of which were at all clean. I travel a lot and cleanliness is a big deal. A motel/hotel can be outdated but if it's not clean, forget it. That said, the front desk lady was very nice, my bed was comfy with clean sheets, and the noise level was great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA for your accommodations. We appreciate your feedback so that we can strive to make every guest's stay the best possible. I would like to apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Again thank you for your time and hope to see you again sometime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Sleep Inn & Suites Near ISU Campus
Red Roof Inn Ames
Red Roof Inn Ames
#10 of 20 in Ames
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Ames
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames
Hilton Garden Inn Ames

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Boone? Share your experiences!