Yes, it was cold outside (10 degrees) but just a couple of weekends before it was even colder (below 0) and we stayed at a hotel with a pool and we weren't cold. This hotel was COLD!!!! The halls were cold, the pool area was frigid and our room was probably in the 60's even though I had the heat turned up to the upper 70's and eventually as high as it would go but the room just wouldn't get any warmer. The kids avoided the pool and sat in the hot tub but even that wasn't really hot. I couldn't even get into my swim suit to get in the hot tub the air temperature was so cold. Our family and several of the other guests asked for someone to turn up both the air temperature and the pool temperature but it obviously didn't happen because it was just as cold the next day. The following are more reasons for the terrible review.
1. I sat in the pool area watching the kids with a PLASTIC bottle of water I purchased from the hotel's vending machine. After about two minutes of sitting there the front desk person came in and said there is no food or drink allowed, even water. OMG. So I left and sat on the balcony of our suite and watched the kids, freezing cold with my plastic bottle of water.
2. The jacuzzi jets in our suite didn't work. They made a lot of noise but didn't have any pressure. There was nasty white floaty stuff in the jacuzzi and I had to rinse it out twice to get it clean. I will say that the other room we got was clean and no problems with anything in that room.
3. The hot water for the jacuzzi and shower was luke warm at best.
4. No pool toys allowed in the pool area. Of all the hotels I've been at in my life (I've been around, check out my other reviews) I've NEVER seen that except for at a water park.
5. Lobby de-caff coffee gone.
6. Orange and apple juice was not working at breakfast.
7. Many items were gone at breakfast and not being refilled and we lingered about 45 minutes.
8. Blankets stained with what looked like a combination of blood/cheetos/punch??? Asked for more blankets due to icky factor and being cold. We won't be back and based on this experience I can't recommend this place. I truly think this is the worst Baymont we've stayed at.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn Boone
- Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Iowa