“Brrrr!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boone
Iowa
“Brrrr!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Yes, it was cold outside (10 degrees) but just a couple of weekends before it was even colder (below 0) and we stayed at a hotel with a pool and we weren't cold. This hotel was COLD!!!! The halls were cold, the pool area was frigid and our room was probably in the 60's even though I had the heat turned up to the upper 70's and eventually as high as it would go but the room just wouldn't get any warmer. The kids avoided the pool and sat in the hot tub but even that wasn't really hot. I couldn't even get into my swim suit to get in the hot tub the air temperature was so cold. Our family and several of the other guests asked for someone to turn up both the air temperature and the pool temperature but it obviously didn't happen because it was just as cold the next day. The following are more reasons for the terrible review.
1. I sat in the pool area watching the kids with a PLASTIC bottle of water I purchased from the hotel's vending machine. After about two minutes of sitting there the front desk person came in and said there is no food or drink allowed, even water. OMG. So I left and sat on the balcony of our suite and watched the kids, freezing cold with my plastic bottle of water.
2. The jacuzzi jets in our suite didn't work. They made a lot of noise but didn't have any pressure. There was nasty white floaty stuff in the jacuzzi and I had to rinse it out twice to get it clean. I will say that the other room we got was clean and no problems with anything in that room.
3. The hot water for the jacuzzi and shower was luke warm at best.
4. No pool toys allowed in the pool area. Of all the hotels I've been at in my life (I've been around, check out my other reviews) I've NEVER seen that except for at a water park.
5. Lobby de-caff coffee gone.
6. Orange and apple juice was not working at breakfast.
7. Many items were gone at breakfast and not being refilled and we lingered about 45 minutes.
8. Blankets stained with what looked like a combination of blood/cheetos/punch??? Asked for more blankets due to icky factor and being cold. We won't be back and based on this experience I can't recommend this place. I truly think this is the worst Baymont we've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA. I would like to apologize that you had issues when you stayed with us. As for the pool area being cold, unfortunately we cannot control mother nature and it was a very bitter cold weekend. All of our heater units were functioning properly and were turned up to 90 degrees. The pool is set at 83 degrees and the hot tub is set at 103 degrees and they were both maintaining their temperatures. We do have a sign posted on the way in to the pool stating "No Food or Drink Allowed" and if we make an exception for one person, then everyone will want to take their drinks in the pool. We also have a sign posted about no pool toys. We have this rule for safety reasons. When there is alot of people in the pool, it makes it harder for people to keep an eye on their children if there is a bunch of pool toys. On the hot tub, you can turn the knobs where the jets are to be able to turn up the amount of pressure that comes thru the jets. I would like to apologize about the stained blanket. We do change our bedding on our beds daily so that they are clean and fresh for the next guest. I will address this with the proper department. Our juice machine did break down on Sunday and we had to have the company come and fix it, which they were not able to until Monday. We were a full house this last weekend and there was 2 of us to try to keep up with stocking in the breakfast room. But it was a very busy place. Thank you for your feedback and again I would like to apologize that you were not happy with your stay. Hopefully you will give us another chance, if you are in Boone, IA again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fargo, ND
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I can give this hotel just an average rating due to the carpets and the bathtub, neither of which were at all clean. I travel a lot and cleanliness is a big deal. A motel/hotel can be outdated but if it's not clean, forget it. That said, the front desk lady was very nice, my bed was comfy with clean sheets, and the noise level was great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA for your accommodations. We appreciate your feedback so that we can strive to make every guest's stay the best possible. I would like to apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Again thank you for your time and hope to see you again sometime.
Omaha
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The suite was very roomy, as was what I wanted, however- the noise level from the pool was horrible. Also, in the nearly empty hotel, a family with 5 kids screaming and yelling until late and early in the morning was not acceptable. I understand that it was New Years, however, very bad choice of room placement. Also, the pull out couch was extremely uncomfortable for our son 14. It is just springs with a light coating. Suggest Managment try to sleep on it. We got a rollaway for the following night but it was also very uncomfortable.
Pull out couch is an easy fix-

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Robin H, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for selecting the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boone, IA for your accommodations. Thank you for your feedback, it is extremely helpful and has already been passed on to the proper people as we talked about when you were here. I would like to apologize that you did not completely enjoy your stay while you were with us. Hope you will give us another try sometime.

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames
Hotel Pattee
Hotel Pattee
#1 of 2 in Perry
Sleep Inn & Suites Near ISU Campus
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA
Hilton Garden Inn Ames

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Boone? Share your experiences!