“nice hotel for the money”

Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bettendorf
Olathe, Kansas
“nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times without problems. The courtyard is very inviting, I recommend requesting a courtyard access room when available. As a smoker, being able to walk out you room to the courtyard, enjoy morning coffee and a smoke while being protected from wind, it's very nice. Staff is attentive and professional. For the price, it is a good property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Bettendorf when you are in the Quad Cities area. Thank you also for the great comments and scores. We appreciate you staying and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grand Blanc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel staff was kind and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the price was great. The area was really nice too. We were in town for a wedding and I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are glad to hear you had a great weekend. We hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great property, the rooms were clean, (smelled a bit funny, perhaps water damage) otherwise we were pleased. We were upgraded to a floor level suite with direct access to the open courtyard and pool area. My husband and I enjoyed our morning cup of coffee on our private patio overlooking the courtyard. We also took our nephew and niece swimming in the clean, well kept pool. Bettendorf is definitely not a place we typically frequent but my husband was there on business and we had a family reunion in Davenport. The location was great five minute drive to shopping, grocery stores and restaurants. Chicago is a 3 hour drive away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments from your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Bettendorf! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was a very nice hotel to stay at. The décor was very nice and up to date. The rooms were very clean and I actually got a great nights sleep on their comfortable beds. The pool is standard but the kids had a blast playing in it and the courtyard was beautiful. I loved the Starbucks coffee in the morning. The only downside is as of May there was construction on the road getting there. This was a little bit of a hassle but nothing we couldn't tackle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments during your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Bettendorf! We hope to see you again soon!
SACRAMENTO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I"ve looked at the other reviews and agree mostly. I stay here every year on my way east because of dependable quality and very nice people at the helm, I like the quick access to the Interstate and like the fact that very good shopping centers are nearby along with an outstanding Italian restaurant just down the road from the hotel. Biaggi's (or close). I do hope their cafe is better for my upcoming stay.

Room Tip: Good parking but doors are far from some rooms. If handicapped or have trouble walking ask about thi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and the great comments about our staff. We appreciate you staying with us each year and look forward to seeing you again next year (if not earlier).
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have to say that the employees at the Courtyard by Marriott were very helpful, especially Misty at the front desk. She did everything she could to accommodate us as Expedia messed up our reservation. Even though the matter was not taken care of by Expedia, Misty did her best to get us what we could.

We ended up with 2 King beds with sofa sleepers. The King beds were an absolute delight and wonderful to sleep on. I have never gotten that good of sleep in a hotel, ever. I do have to say that the other posts about being on the highway side, tends to get a little noisy. We did have a room next to us get into an altercation but that is not the hotels fault as I think these guests were drunk. However, the minute I laid my head on the pillow, I was out.

The pool is pretty nice. The kids had a fun time and the grounds were kept really, really, clean. Our two rooms smelt so fresh and clean and you could tell the linens just came out of the dryer as they just smelt nice.

The cafeteria in the morning can get a little chaotic but they did bring out 2 extra people to help with breakfast. It would be nice if they had some type of hot buffet vs. À la carte. However, the Starbucks worked for me.

The only thing that was hard for us out of towners was trying to find the location. There is construction right now and all the roads are blocked off and very narrow but that is not the hotel's fault at all.

Room Tip: Maybe get rooms on the front side of the hotel.
1 Thank AAndersons
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and the wonderful feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share your feedback with our staff and especially Misty since she did such a great job assisting you during your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just returned home from a 1 night stay at this property after reserving 2 rooms for a family visit. Our rooms were outstanding for cleanliness and overall appeal. Bed, was comfortable, pillows were wonderful. I would concur with reviewers who said the highway side is noisy. However, I can't give this facility 5 stars because of the Cafe`. I was told when I made the reservation, since we were getting the military rate, only 1 meal per room was free. I thought, okay, we'll pay for the others, no problem. Standing in line at the cafe` took a very long time, since there was 1 person working behind the counter. When it was my family's turn to place the order, I was told that my name wasn't on the list for the 2 free breakfasts, and to go a talk to Tammy at the front desk. When I did so, she explained that the rooms w/military rate get NO free breakfast, and asked for the name of the person who told me that. Of course, I didn't know. However, she made an exception, since that was what I was told when making the reservation. So with that, it was back to the end of the line at the Cafe. The real issue that I think the hotel needs to deal with, was the fact the Cafe` works by waiting in line, placing your order, then waiting for your order to be brought out to you. (Unless, for example, you pick a prepaired yogurt parfait, fruit cup or cereal). There was only one person working, and when we heard the second person come up to say that they'd waited a long time for their food (one was 45 minutes for their english muffin), we decided it wasn't worth an hour of our time, and left to get our food elsewhere. And, you're definitely paying for the 'convenience'. Even though this was a very clean property, modern and appealingly updated, I don't think we'll stay there again because of the Cafe`. I like hotels with free breakfast beverages, hot breakfasts, and easy access to the food. Bottom line, if you think you may be in a hurry for your breakfast, this system did not work efficiently and you'll be overpaying for a convenience that turns out to not be so convenient!

1 Thank TGS_5
Thank you so much for the 4 out of 5 rating. I am so sorry that the bistro was extremely busy when you were ready for your breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into staffing levels for our bistro in order to ensure it is staffed better in the future. Again, I am so sorry for the bistro confusion in the morning and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Ramada Bettendorf
Ramada Bettendorf
#6 of 7 in Bettendorf

Been to Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities? Share your experiences!