“Clean, well maintained, nice courtyard”

Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just a one night stay here in June. It's what I've come to expect from courtyards- clean, quiet, well maintained. This one actually had a courtyard - great for gathering in the evening and morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank khoheisel

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I used to stay here often, but it was due for a remodel. I am happy to say they have completed the remodel and it is a great place to stay.

I had a one bedroom suite, which has two rooms and two TV's. Much better than a normal room!

This is back on my places to stay in the Quad Cities!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gregbooras
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I get a little nervous when Marriott only gives a property a category 2 ranking - they tend to fall a little closer to "scary" than not. This property was a pleasant surprise, as it has been recently renovated, is clean, modern, and very well-kept. Rooms have flat-screens, free wireless internet, and our suite was equipped with a microwave and fridge.

This is likely one of the best choices for hotels along I-74. I was visiting Bettendorf for a wedding, and had family staying in a variety of hotels right around this one. Having visited the other properties (including the rooms), I would choose the Courtyard hands-down. The others were dated, some were downright grimy. In fact, my family said they wished they had deviated from "wedding instructions" and stayed at our hotel instead.

The only "dings" I have against this hotel are that the front-desk staff wasn't present when I checked in. I had to call for someone to come out and register me, and by the time they made it out and checked me in, a line of 5 people had formed. This might be a design issue with the new Courtyards, though, since I have had the same problem elsewhere. Also, Courtyards no longer offer free breakfast to their gold and platinum elite guests. That's not specific to this property, but it's annoying that Courtyards are the only hotel in the Marriott brand that don't offer their elite-level guests free breakfast.

Others have mentioned that it's a little tricky to find - this is true. It's not a "get off the interstate and you're there" kind of hotel. Definitely GPS it, or get directions beforehand.

In all, I definitely recommend this hotel. It's a great location, very clean, and has great guest service (that individual front desk staffer aside).

Room Tip: Courtyard-facing rooms will be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eknels
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This one can be hard to find without a GPS. rooms are excellent very quiet!

We use out points for a two night stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great spot! Rooms super clean, very up to date rooms and lobby. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Really nice place with impeccable service, but if I were to stay again, I would make sure my room did not face the highway... Which is quite noisy. Easily solved though, just get a room that faces in.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank scoresmore
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Second time I have stayed here and the updating is very nice. The whole place is fresh and clean and nicely decorated. I stayed 4 nights and each evening it was pleasing to see at least a dozen people gathered in the lobby either socially or doing business. Makes it feel very welcoming and not so lonely for the solo traveler. The bar offers a minimal selection but adequate and everyone seemed pleased with the light offerings in the bistro. Do heed the warnings of previous reviewers regarding the noise from the highway, ask for a room that faces the courtyard. The front desk staff were efficient with a few items I needed help with. Unfortunately on the one day that could sleep in, I was awakened by housekeeping knocking on the door despite the Do Not Disturb sign. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Jim N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
#4 of 6 in Bettendorf
Ramada Bettendorf
Ramada Bettendorf
#6 of 6 in Bettendorf

Been to Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities? Share your experiences!