Courtyard by Marriott Bettendorf Quad Cities
Element.com
$134
Fairfield Inn Davenport(Davenport)
$104
All reviewsthe quad citiesup to dateone bedroom suitesmall balconyattractive lobbywe've stayeda great staybusiness areasink areabehind the counterfront desk staffpool and hot tubnice hotelrooms were very cleanwheel chairplenty of free parkingstayed here for two nights
Reviewed August 16, 2011

As mentioned in a previous review, this hotel is a little difficult to find, due to the fact that it is off the beaten path and the street signs are quite small. But that really isn't the fault of the hotel itself. Every other problem I had is the fault of this hotel.

The desk clerk was friendly, but a little too chatty. I didn't ask for suggestions about what to do in the area, but I got five minutes of them anyway. She offered me the option of a first floor or third floor room, which was nice because no other hotel on my trip had given me the option. She mentioned that the first floor room was close to the elevator, which I didn't find to be a problem. What she failed to mention was that it was right by an entrance, which was a problem. The walls muffled the sounds from other rooms, but every time someone used that entrance door, which was almost constantly throughout the stay, we could hear it loud and clear. Worse yet, the door required the use of the keycard, and my keycard only worked half the time on that particular door.

The hallway was ice cold, probably close to 55 degrees. When we entered the room I noticed two bottles of water with tags hanging on them that said "VIP" in large letters. I thought that was a very nice touch. Considering the price hotels charge these days it was kind of nice for the hotel to do something like that. Unfortunately, after my wife had opened one of the bottles she informed me that she read the rest of the tag. First, the VIP was actually the logo for the brand name "VASA pure" with a vertical line that looks very much like the letter "I" placed between the V and the P. This water was nothing more than filtered water from the municipal water supply of Plymouth, Michigan. And on the bottom of that tag, in fine print, it informed us that the water was provided for our convenience, but if we consume it we would be charged $2.50. This water was out in the open, not in a mini bar where you would expect to pay. Is it just a coincidence that Marriott would provide water with a logo that just happens to look exactly like VIP? This water is bottled exclusively for Mariott, so they got to choose the name. This was nothing more than a cheap trick to get yet another $2.50 out of customers who are already paying too much for a generic hotel room. The $2.50 isn't a big deal, but the deception most certainly is.

The hot tub was functional and nice to use, but the pool was too cold. The fitness center was small, but not bad for a hotel. This hotel charges extra for breakfast, which has become pretty much standard in all other hotels. This hotel needs to realize they are not in a large city, but rather Bettendorf, Iowa. If you are going to charge almost $150 for a room, I expect free breakfast, or at least a couple of free bottles of water.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

All we really needed was a place to sleep mid-road trip, so this was fine. It was relatively clean, although the room felt damp when we entered and needed air circulation. Once we cranked down the A/C it was better. For the same price we could have stayed at the Fairfield Inn down the street, which is nicer and includes free breakfast. Generally speaking, this hotel needs an upgrade but I served its purpose for us and was safe.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed here 2 nights, 2 weeks apart on a recent road trip to Utah. Both stays were weekend nights, a Friday night outbounf and a Saturday night on the return.

This is an old style Courtyard, which in my mind is better because the construction is concrete and there is good sound protection. Both nights were very quiet even though it is next to the interstate. I will say that we were in an inner room so there may be highway noise, but the highway does not seem to be truck route so there was not all that much traffic on it after about 10pm.

The motel was not full or crowded. The checkin experience both times was fine. We checked for bed bugs and found none, The room seemed cleaner than most motels, The motel is a little difficult to find, but there are a lot of good places to eat a short drive away. We have been staying at the Abbey in the quad cities, but they are out of business. The Courtyard is a good alternative.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stay in Courtyards often and it was pretty typical. Decent place to stay. One family in our party did find ants in the bed though so check before laying down.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This stay was a quick overnight but we were very pleased with the hotel. It was obvious that rooms have been recently renovated and ours was very quiet allowing a good night sleep. Good a/c wa anothe rbig plus. The only negatives were the lack of a weekday morning newspaper (I'm a Marriott Rewards member) and the absence of a restaursant immediately adjacent. I had to drive about a mile and ended up picking up a good dinner a grocery store deli. Overall, our stay was very satisfactory for an en route overnight.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple