“home away from home”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We checked in late Friday Oct 11th. for a wedding that weekend. Our issues started Saturday night. Our room was very dry and the a/c was not working properly. People were running and screaming at 1230 am. Breakfast the next day so many people were coming down to eat barefooted. That is against health code I believe. Peoples kids were running and climbing around the cafeteria. After that we were going back to our room and a 4 year old girl jumped in the elevator looking for her grandma. We were absolutely shocked!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Over the last 4 years I've booked Ramada Bettendorf 6-7 times. Each stay is with out any unpleasant surprises. The place is aging but very well kept! The room was Good, flat screen TV, comfy bed, good operating heating/cooling, very nice shower and really fluffy towels. There's a nice fitness center, on the 3rd floor and a great atrium(?) swimming pool, hot-tub, wading pool area. Breakfast is good. I like the fact they have 1/2&1/2, real butter and milk. They had a waffle maker, French-toast & bacon. There's a Chicago 'Something' restaurant right next door. This place is just off the highway with additional shopping and restaurants a short drive away. This is one of the places I always look forward to staying. It's always nice to see a friendly face. Amanda has been there, checking me in from my 1st stay. She's very friendly and efficient, tell her I said, HI!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I checked in on Monday afternoon and stayed until Friday morning. The location is right off the interstate so it's easy to find. It's also next door to the Old Chicago restaurant so you don't have to go far to find a place to eat. The decor is dated -- lots of brass -- but everything was clean and serviceable. I was in a room on the second floor at the front of the building and I had no problem with noise.

The pool area was a definite bonus. I had the place to myself around 5 pm on Thu. The hot tub was very large and had a round seating area in the middle as well as seating along the outside. The pool itself was odd shaped, almost an L shape. One end was a round area that seamed to have water flowing around the circle. The other end is a wading area with a mushroom that has water streaming off of it when it's turned on along with three geysers. The water was cold after being in the hot tub so I didn't get in.

Breakfast was nice. They had the standard fare: cereal, bagels, pastries, fruit, bread, and juice. They also had a warmer with french toast and bacon and two waffle makers along with toppings like chocolate chips. They also offered fresh popcorn every afternoon in the lobby area. The lobby area offered plenty of seating and was well lit.

My room had a microwave and fridge which worked well for me. The shower was nice and the water pressure was good. I took my showers at odd hours, but I never had a problem getting hot water.

I think the only time I actually saw any other guests was at breakfast. Noise level was fine. I didn't hear my neighbors at all. I did keep my air/heat on so it made some white noise.

I had no problem with the internet or any issues at the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the north side on the street on the second floor. I had easy access to the pool. and...