Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Element.com
$54
Fairfield Inn Davenport(Davenport)
$84
All reviewsnorth towermississippi riverconvention centerceiling fanslot machinesgreat view of the riverthe quad citiessmoke smellnice roomcomfy bedmini fridgefriday nightlandvaletconstructionkellerscoupon
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Traveled to Iowa for a weekend overnight to enjoy some casino gaming. Chose the Isle of Capri because the hotel is attached right to the casino and we had been there before a few years ago.

Not much has changed in the past few years. There was an addition of a new hotel tower but I cannot comment on that as we stayed in the old tower.

Check in was efficent and quick. We were offered our choice of several floors and chose the 2nd floor.

Room was clean and there is a ceiling fan right over the bed. I liked the fact that the air coniditioner had a normal home type thermostat control and that always makes for better temperature regulation. Lots of channel choices on TV. Not many extras. No refridgerator, and not much beyond the basics in the bathroom.

If you are traveling to Iowa be aware that the state has recently enacted some very restrictive smoking laws and people are somewhat confused as to where and when smoking is allowed.

It was the attached casino that was the big disapointment. Seemed kind of run down and not especially clean. The slot machines are old with very few updated games that you would expect if you have visited other casinos.

Bartenders were friendly, casino security was cranky.

We will not drive the three plus hours to go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We only used the hotel as a sleeping place (we arrived around 10pm and checked out around 8am), but during that time we had nothing but a positive experience. There is a newer part to the hotel (that's connected to the "old" part by a skywalk), and that's where our room was. Everything was so nicely decorated and clean, and the bed was comfortable (because I know that that can be a hit or miss thing with hotels). The staff was pleasant, and we had absolutely no reason to complain about anything. Oh, and there was free wireless access, which is ALWAYS a plus! If we're ever in the area and needing a hotel again, we'll for sure stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Stayed here one night for a birthday present for my best friend. I came to visit and she wanted to stay in the new tower. I was pleasently surprised on the room. The value was extremely good here too. Everything still looked brand new. There was even an all glass shower in the bathroom.

The only issue I had here was when the person at the front desk gave me a lecture on why the room key didn't work (and no I didn't have it in the same pocket as my cell phone.)

Everything else was nice and very comfortable.

If you want to go to rythem city casino you have to go to the other tower though.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I was looking for an overnight getaway in the Quad Cities when I chose the Isle of Capri. I was surprised by the nightly rate of $69 during the week for a standard room. I got a room in the Palm Building (the older wing). The room was nicely appointed with down comforter, pillowtop mattress, and to top it all off, a river view. I never did try any of the dining establishments, so I can comment on these. The pool area and weight room is nicely appointed. The staff was prompt and professional about check in/ out and attending to any needs. I only had a couple of complaints: 1) smoking was allowed in the public areas, and the hotel has a stale tobbacco smell that you notice it even in the non-smoking areas, and 2) I could not find a jack or wireless signal for internet access. Also the property is well used, so there is some wear and tear, but maintence always seems to be at work fixing or painting something. I would give this property consideration if I was visiting the Quad Cities again especially if I got a similar deal.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel a few times as we like to go to the casino so we get some pretty good incentives for staying here. If we did not receive such good discounts, I don't think that I would be spending the $s that they normally want for their rooms.

We have stayed in the older section and in the new tower. The rooms are better in the new section, of course, and much more updated. We have always had a comfy bed and pretty good rooms each stay, however. The rooms in the Palms are closer to the casino and the pool, where as the newer building is out around the corner a bit.

The hotel itself has a pretty lobby and it is a nice-looking hotel, the staff here, however, especially at the front desk, just do not seem very friendly. We have picked up on this every time we have stayed here. The one time we stayed here, they had a power outage and the front desk was very abrupt with everyone. We just figured that they were having a bad night with a lot of complaining customers (we were not able to check in until after 11 p.m. as was the case with a lot of people because of the computers being down), so we brushed this off as a bad night for them. However, it has been that way three times now. Never a smile. They just really look like they don't want to be there. The staff on the boat is better, but not there. Also, the staff everywhere that we ate was the same with the exception of one nice young lady at TradeWinds, the little snack shop there.

Also, the shower in our 6th floor room was horrible. The hubby said that this was because we were so high up and that it was harder for the water pressure to go that far, but I thought I would just share in case this might be important to others. It was so hard to rinse off and the temperature was very very touchy.

Overall nice enough stay, but nothing special and, again, I definitely would not pay over $100 for a night there, considering there are quite a few other choices in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple