“Room still OK, Casino got tight!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bettendorf
North of Chicago, IL
“Room still OK, Casino got tight!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was always our favorite hotel and casino to spend a little time in. Hotel still OK, Buffet is still REALLY BAD, we went and looked first before we purchased and there was nothing even tempting! Ate at the little snack bar, and even that was not good.
So gambling, we have always had fun here. This time 4 out of 4 of us lost, not just lost, never even got ahead to lose what we won. We actually didn't even go back down the day we left, because why bother!
Overall we were really bummed this time by the whole experience here. Probably wont go back for many years.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
McHenry, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We go down to the Isle a few times a year. Especially since we get 'coupons/comps' in the mail. However this year we have gotten very little. We do like going there, the staff is friendly and the buffet is good (although not so much for dinner). I like the fact that I can smoke while losing my money. If I am going to 'donate' I should be comfortable doing so :). We have not been there since April--it is a fairly long drive just for a short weekend. We stay at the hotel, when we get it discounted. But it is in need of some TLC. Of course, that is not due just to the staff--it is due to the 'customers' and their lack of respect. We as guests should be a little more considerate!! I lost my job in Dec. and now make half of what I am used to, so really look forward to the comps we got in mail, just so I could get away for a little bit. I love the party pit (friday) and the staff on the boat is wonderful. When the staff is attentive, and nice you do not notice how much you are losing. IF they are codgy you tend to count your money more??

Room Tip: South tower is shorter walk to casino. North tower is closer to convention center/concerts.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jcmacsue
Vinton, IA USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was here for a conference. The convention center is reached by a skywalk that is needed to cross the railroad tracks next to the North Tower. Workshops were held in small rooms in the tower. If you wanted to eat during the day you had to take the skywalk to the South Tower which is across the property by the casino on the Mississippi River. There is no frig in the room.
My room was a handicap king #6007. It had a great walk in shower.with a hand wand that fit in a bracket that was almost head high. It had a small flat screen TV and coffee maker. The coffee maker was on a table/desk that was high enough to block access to the extra outlet unless you pulled the table away from the wall.
The easy chair was soft and you sank in. This made it difficult to get out of. Not ideal for a handicapped person.
The view was of the parking lot with the tracks and the convention center on the left and a parking ramp on the right with the river in the distance.
The bed was made with flat sheets, and no fitted bottom. They were put on sideways with the top sheet having a 10-12 inch fold down. In others words you were short sheeted and my feet hung out. There was a bed spread and the another sheet was tucked in over this. Huh. To say the least when you untucked this the sheet ends hung on the floor, and for some you might need a winch to untuck the bed. The bed was not comfortable for me so I never had a good night;s sleep the 3 nights I was there.
The room was used but I have been in worse. You could see where the vacuum stopped, and used tissues had been put back in the box.
If there is a conference there again I will look for a better room at a better place. It was a nice building but the priorities seemed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room away from noise. Maybe a West room will have a better view, bridge, river, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank metaphysician

Travelers are raving about these Bettendorf hotels

Adana, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stopped here while traveling West on I-80. It was a good price, comfortable and a great alternative to a standard motel along the side of the road. It was comfortable and clean with some dining options and a path along the river to stretch your legs after a long day of driving. It was pet friendly but they do require a deposit that is not advertised on their website.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JennaFletcher
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel staff is completely incompetent and rude. The bed did not have fitted sheets and did not even have a blanket! The room was worn and small! We were in the south tower and the cost of the room was NOT worth the trip. The drinks in the casino were small and expensive. I find no reason to visit again. I called down fir valet service to bring my car and after I waited 15 minutes they told me they never got the call...they finally got my car and no apologies. I called to check out only to find out 6 hours later that they never checked me out! I called the next day to get a receipt and the hotel staff was rude and unprofessional. I would recommend going anywhere but here!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Balloonmonkey2
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

First off, I was told I'd get a birthday package if I signed up for the players club. When we went to check in, I was told that was no longer the case. The room was terribly overpriced for what it was.

In addition, they seemed terribly unprepared for the group of people coming for HRPT, and at the small casino had 1 bartender and 3 waitresses! Not only that, but you have to pay for your drinks, which are tiny. As I'm used to visiting Las Vegas, this was quite the shock. Not only that but points don't really get you much of anything in the way of comps unless you want to spend thousands upon thousands gambling.

Walk was too far from our friends staying in another part of the hotel, as was the restaurant, which I'll review separately.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon L
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were first time casino players in April when we stayed there. By becoming a member of the players club, our room was only $49.99 for the night. Then we had vouchers for staying again to be used in 60 days. Also received a coupon on email for same deal. Since we were heading through again on 6-5 and back on 6-9, we booked with the coupons and discount. We also had a 20% off for the dinner at Faraday's. Long walk over to the restaurant from North tower. We are disabled so took us a lot longer. They advertise online and in the hotel of an Early Bird Special from 4-5pm. When we got there, they told us we stopped that service. Asked why you still advertising. Said we just decided on stopping it and haven't removed the ads yet. Ads are still up.

On June 9th checking in the same girl took my reservation and coupon. Couldn't find reservation under my name or find the confirmation number on the form I printed out. Someone spelled name wrong she said. Asked her if she wanted to keep the coupon and she handed me back and said everything is set for the discount. when I checked out they wanted $109. Told her I had a coupon for a $r9.99 rate. Had to go to car to get the coupon to show her with reservation I had made. She apologized for the new help over and over again and corrected the error to bill card only $60.88. When I arrived home and checked my card charges. There was a $150.79 hotel charge. Have called and written for correction. So far no response. Plus sink was backing up when next door took showers.

Buffet food was terrible too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jack S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Ramada Bettendorf
Ramada Bettendorf
#6 of 7 in Bettendorf
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf? Share your experiences!