“Nice stay, would go back.”

Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bettendorf
Rushville, Illinois
“Nice stay, would go back.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed with my two teenaged girls. We really liked it. We stayed in the north tower. The room was big and the bathroom was too. I've worked in the hotel business so I'm pretty critical of the rooms I stay in. I had one thought that the carpet could use some spot cleaning but other than that I found nothing that dissatisfied me. We did not have time to use the pool or the casino. The staff at both towers were very helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to book a room there again.

Room Tip: I didn't request the north tower but was given a room there. I say ask for the north tower becau...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and hope that on your next trip to the Quad Cities you visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
New Windsor IL
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We enjoyed our overnight at the Isle in the South Tower on a very cold snowy nite in January - our 5th floor window overlooked the river where the eagles were soaring into the open patches of water - beautiful sight. Food was delicious in the buffet, especially the Tropical Bread they served in the am. Staff everywhere were so sweet and pleasant - Slots were terrible - didn't win anything - so disappointed in the casino - Couldn't seem to choose a slot that would play/pay! Next time we stay, we will rent the current movies they offer, stay in our room and NOT enter the casino at all - We give the casino an 0 rating and the Hotel/Buffet/Staff and EXCELLENT! THANK YOU.

Room Tip: We liked the convenience of the South Tower - 5th floor was very nice. Room comfortable and clean...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our South Tower and the food in the buffet. We also love to hear that our employees are friendly. Sorry that your time on the casino was not more lucrative - hopefully on your next visit you will have better luck. We hope to see you again soon.
Denver, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Fire alarm began chirping at 1:00am requiring new batteries. Called front desk for assistance and they shrugged it off. Asked for partial reimbursement, since we were not able to sleep, and they stated it was against their policy. Very poor service and it concerns me that battery replacement for the alarms are not on a routine maintenance schedule.

Overall, nice Casino, just don't utilize the hotel portion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Members of our maintenance staff are on property 24 hours a day to respond to any maintenance items reported, and we are sorry that your fire alarm issue was not addressed in a timely manner. We hope that you will consider trying us again on your next visit to the Quad Cities.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've stayed in Much worse, I've stayed in much better. It was clean, simple, straightforward. No frills because obviously they don't want you hanging out in your room. ;-)
The pool is in the south tower, which is a fairly long walk from the north tower (as is the casino, take note if you have disabilities).. love that it had adult only hours and was open later than most hotel pools. Wasn't satisfied with the selection of munchies and drinks in the lobby 'store'. Pack them in or be prepared to go shopping because the vending machines are staggered every other floor and I found them to be poorly stocked with product or change.
Too, even though I made the reservation online well ahead, and specifically requested a river view, we did not really get one. We asked again, and even though we identified several rooms on our floor alone that were empty and would have fulfilled my request, they did not give us a 'room with a view'. The only other negative comment I have is that everyone working here seemed to be a little bit on edge. This is an economically depressed area with manufacturing shutting down all around... houses crumbling just over the ridge... so I don't know if it is the general dis-ease that is wafting around the working poor (of which I am one) or if there are internal reasons that the folks who work here seem tense. Everyone was polite and efficient, I just felt like they weren't happy campers.

Room Tip: If you cannot walk long distances be sure to stay in the south tower. It didn't bother me, but i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you were somewhat disappointed with the view from your room and the availability of snacks at the hotel. There are a limited number of rooms in our North Tower that have a true "River View" and we are not always able to accommodate this request, but we hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.
Chicago
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My son, daughter and I visited isle of April last Sunday 12/22-12/23.

I read the reviews on tripadvisor so when we arrived I nicely asked for one of the newer or updated rooms. They told me I already had reservations on the North tower in a newer room.

I also asked to be in a non-smoking room. I was on the 10th floor which is all non-smoking. I recommend asking this because after all this is a casino hotel and in my experience casinos smell like smoke.

My room was more than adequate. The bathroom was spacious. It had two queen beds (not double but queen). The bathroom was also spacious and had marble countertop and a slate color floor (I think artificial). It was nicely decorated.

I feel many of the negative reviews are unfair on this hotel. Maybe there are rooms that need to be refurbished but maybe the people getting these rooms had some sort of deal. Or maybe some of the negative reviews are from people who lost money at the casino and are taking it out on the hotel.

At any rate, I recommend walking around the complex if you have time. I am not a gambler, so I don't know much about these things. The casino had a lot of slot machines, I saw roulette wheels. When I was walking around, about 8:00 AM Monday morning there was one table open. I assume for blackjack. The minimum takes were $5, probably because it was early. But that might be a good way to learn blackjack, if you are into gambling.

Early in the morning there was steam coming off the river. It was really beautiful to look at. I also walked around all the various indoor walkways. There is a convention center to see on one side, the north and south towers, the parking garage, and casino. Actually a nice morning walk.

Finally there is a buffet restaurant there. I think breakfast is $5.99 and I saw they had a dinner special crab legs and prime rib for $10.99. I think you need to be a players club member to get this deal. But it is easy to sign up.

This is my long review, but I feel many of the reviews are unfair. I would not hesitate to stay again. Just simply ask for a newer or updated room when you make your reservation and/or check in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and had a chance to explore our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.
davenport
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I took a mini vaca to one of our local casino/hotels. We were very disappointed in the room. It was a conjoining room and we could hear the people in the other room all night. The hallways to the rooms were absolutely freezing. I decided not to swim because I couldn't fathom walking through the hallways wet. We were given an Isle One card to play the slots. No one told us that you had to enter $1 to play everytime you took your card out. So much for free money. The buffett was fabulous. We ate dinner and breakfast!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if your room is conjoining.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner in the buffet. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the hotel portion of your stay and for the miscommunication regarding the slot play you received. While the credits are free, the system does require the guest to put in the first dollar in order to prompt the credits to be downloaded to a particular machine for play. We hope that you consider visiting us again in the future.
Newton, IA
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was excellent, but I was in the North Tower. The South Tower seemed to be more convenient, sincethat was closer to the casino, pool, and restaurants. Very clean and nice decor. The beds were super soft and comfy! We also liked the black-out curtains that allowed us to sleep in after a late night. The bathroom had a large shower (no bathtub). We used a Groupon certificate and wete very happy with the value.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the room amenities that were available to you in the North tower. Please come see us again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Ramada Bettendorf
Ramada Bettendorf
#6 of 7 in Bettendorf
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf? Share your experiences!