“Make the Best of It”

Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in the North Tower.
Room: Clean and modern. Enjoyed the large bathroom, complementary coffee in the lobby. It was very quiet in the rooms even on the nights that the hotel was full. Beds were extremely comfortable.
Staff: Stephanie from the Casino, Sharon from the buffet restaurant and Julie from the front desk were fantastic! Their hospitality really made my stay. I would give them a 5. Several others were hit or miss.
Dining: Options were limited to the buffet, the food was actually decent, just not an environment I enjoy for dining. The cafe, which has an extremely limited selection - most of which was unappetizing. Finally, their restaurant, which was only open Thursday-Saturday had great atmosphere, food, too bad it was closed most of the time.
Casino was kinda sad while I was there, but then again I am not 65+, a smoker, or generally into gambling.

The hotel itself is located a ways from anything else. It IS the destination in that area.

Room Tip: Choose North Tower, ask for a room with a shower, they are HUGE.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was able to take care of your needs. And thank you on the compliments for our food in the casual restaurant (Farraddays'), I know our staff there has been working hard to create new menu items. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Quad City area.

There are newer reviews for Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here recently. The Casino itself is still a Riverboat which I thought was kind of neat. Their was ALOT of smoke floating around inside the Casino at all times. The Hotel itself is split into the South and North Towers. The North being the Newer one at around 10-12 years old while the South is now 24 years old. I got that info from a Staff member so I can't GTY how accurate it is ? We stayed in the Newer North Tower. While the Room itself looked nice, It did lack 1 option I find useful in 20 Degree Winter Freezing Weather..You guessed it "HEAT" ! It was about 67 degrees in the room and while the heater would kick on from time to time it never got any warmer. Of course quickly unpacking and going to the Casino, We didn't realize that until we got back to the room and were trying to sleep. After turning the Stadt up to 90 Degrees at one point and it shooting out about 3 minutes of Hot Air and then shutting off for good, I called the desk whom dispatched a maintaince person (Tony-Very Nice Man) to address our problem. After looking at the stadt he said he recommends to the front desk to move us as he can't fix it right now ? So at 11:00 at night my wife and I have to get Re-Dressed, Re-Packed and move to another room with better heat, But not alot. With the new room stadt set at 85 degrees it prolly got 70 in there but I'll take it ! After speaking the next morning to the front desk about my ordeal, Typically something like this from a Casino Hotel (I worked in MGT for 11 years in the Casino Industry in my youth) would automatically trigger a Comp night due to the complete inconvenience of having the customers repack and relocate rooms due to being given a sub par room in the first place. Not Here !! They said "Well you already have a pretty good rate" The original girl I spoke to from the room phone said "um, I guess I could give you 10% off but that's it". Not what I call good customer service AT ALL ! When we asked to speak to the Hotel Director about our issues we were told "She's Not Here". I was then told THEY couldn't take off the 10% that was offered to us 45 minutes ago ! They gave us both a stub to get some breakfast costing them a total of about $6.00 out of there pocket.. So Long Story Short, We won't be back. Sad to say.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Kurt B
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced a maintenance issue in your hotel room, but we hope that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your visit to the area. You are correct that the North tower is the newer of the two hotels, but it has only been open for 6 years (since 2007). Our South tower opened 14 years ago in 1999.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed here many times and have never had any problems. The rooms are not bad, nice size. The bathroom is great because it has a huge sink area and storage under the counter. During the summer the rooms get very warm, the air conditioning is an older unit. The hotel is right next to the river and an awesome bike path. You can hop on and go all day. The hotel is also right by the Chanel Cat which is a little boat that takes you across the river. You can walk your bikes onto the boat and head across to Illinois, or just head over there to see the John Deere museum. I am giving this property a very good because of all that you can do from here. This is not at all fancy or plush but the prices are reasonable and the rooms are clean.

Room Tip: The tower closest to the casino is a smoking tower so if you want to get away from the smoke go to t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the local amenities that are close to our property. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had fun gambling for awhile, and then checked into my room.. I found the room was very relaxing. nice bed, nice bedding, nice bathroom.. It was nice to go down and get into the hot tub... I was happy they had adult only time... Complimentary cookies and complimentary waters in the room was nice also. I would stay again...

Room Tip: Park on the top level of the parking garage, has direct access to sky walk and hotel lobby
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAMES C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to the casino. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was very pleased with the hotel room, but it is smaller than the hotel rooms in a land based casino. This is a riverboat casino so it is much smaller than most of the casinos around the Chicagoland area, and not as contemporary. The room was very clean, comfortable bed, bathroom was fine with a wonderful shower. The buffet was OK but wouldn't eat there more than once. The front desk staff were excellent and allowed us a early check in even though we did not ask for one with our reservation. I would stay there again without a hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cmama

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love hearing that our employees are friendly and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you like to smoke and gamble, then this is the place for you. For the rest of us, be prepared to smell like a bingo hall when you leave. The casino has a lot of slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, etc. but shows its age compared to the new Jumer's Casino.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests so that we can continue to look for ways to improve our property.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was an okay stay. Generally a clean place, but the casino is a smoky mess filled with pale, corpse-like figures that spill over into the hotel. The ventilation system is either absent or the inspector is well paid-off (and yes, I've seen the management's boiler-plate defense on this site on that issue. Don't believe the corporate line. If you don't want your clothes bathed in smoke and want to see ten feet ahead of your face, skip the "casino.") Hotel is fine and rooms are adequate, although amazingly small. Water pressure on the eighth floor is horrid.

Don't mean to hate on a hometown property, but there are so many better places to stay for similar prices: Radisson properties in both Davenport and Moline, the new Blackhawk in Davenport, and Marriott Courtyard in Bettendorf are all superior in the same class. Bottom line is the Isle rooms are too small, and place feels thrown together quickly. Although clean and generally well-maintained, there's an overall sense of cheapness and "not quite there" about the place. The staff isn't incompetent, but not nearly up to the level of professionalism and polish that you find at the other places mentioned. Wasn't a bad stay, but won't go back with better choices available nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Bettendorf

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf? Share your experiences!