“Best fast food restaurant ever.”
Review of Culver's

Cuisines: Fast Food, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Bettendorf
“Best fast food restaurant ever.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've stopped in to this new Culver's restaurant twice since it's opened and it was very nice both times. The service is amazingly good. Everyone is cheerful, helpful and friendly. The staff just seems to go out of their way to be as helpful and friendly as possible.
The food is typical Culver's fare which I personally like. The first time I stopped I ordered a tuna salad sandwhich as I'd had on at another Culver's and it was very good. I was a bit disappointed that this restaurant didn't have it on the menu but was told that they may later on. Since that wasn't available I ordered the reuben and the stuffed green pepper soup. The reuben was pretty good for a fast food restaurant as was the soup. This kind of soup is not available at many restaurants so it was nice to see it here. It might be a little better with more peppers so you really get that stuffed pepper flavor but for a fast food restaurant it was very good. The tomato base was very good and there was quite a bit of ground beef and a lot of rice in it.
The second time I visited I had beef barley soup which was also very good. There were a couple chunks of beef and a lot of barley. It also was a little light on veggies but very good. I had a bbq beef sandwhich with it and it was also very good.
I highly recommend the just drummy drummy custard when they have it. It's fashioned after a drumstick ice cream cone but a whole lot better! It has a vanilla custard base with chunks of waffle cone, lightly salted peanuts and chocolate bits. It is just this side of heaven, good. The little bit of salt on the peanuts contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the custard and chocolate.
Again I just can't say enough about the service here. I felt like I'd stepped into a 1950's malt shop from the TV show Happy Day's, the people were that friendly. The service doesn't stop at the counter here either. Someone stops at each table to ask the customer if they need anything else and to check on how things are. I had gotten to my table and realized that I'd forgotten to get a napkin but one of the staff happily got me several when he delivered my food to my table.
I am a big fan of Culver's anyway so when I saw that one had opened close to where I live, I had to give it a try. I was not disappointed nor will you be.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Culver's? Share your experiences!