“Wonderful new restaurant.”
Review of The Tangled Wood

The Tangled Wood
Ranked #28 of 90 Restaurants in Bettendorf
Description: The Tangled Wood is a Bettendorf, Iowa gastropub located at 3636 Tanglewood Road. Your home for food, drinks and friends.
Reviewed March 8, 2019

We had our first visit to the Tangled Wood restaurant and came away very impressed. The decor is northern woods with large windows looking into the trees and countryside. They have a nice bar for enjoying your favorite sporting events, with a huge selection off beers and specialty drinks. We had an Italian beef sandwich and pork tenderloin and both were excellent. Fair prices and good service. Looks like it is a nice family atmosphere also. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can sit on their patio. I do see they have plans of an outdoor pavilion so they can have live music.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019

This new restaurant has had long wait times to be seated. We elected not to wait on our first visit and returned mid week, during the lunch hour and were seated almost immediately. The best thing about this place is the large tap beer selection. As for the food, it was poor to average. There are better options in the area for pub food. The building design amplifies sound and creates a noisy atmosphere. The louder than required music does not help in the ability to have a conversation or watch sports on the TV's.

Reviewed February 22, 2019

I have been back to Tangled Wood a couple of times and it seems to get better every time. I tried the Chickle (chicken brined in pickle juice) which was good. I am not a huge pickle fan so will not order again, but it was juicy and flavorful (pickle). I had the onion soup on last visit - outstanding. I will be ordering this soup again and again. They have a great beer selection as well. The service is great - they have ironed out the new restaurant wrinkles. It is clear that we needed a good restaurant in the area since Tangled Wood is busy all day. Love it!!

Reviewed February 19, 2019

I went to eat at the restaurant. I sat in the bar. There were 3 and 4 people working
behind the bar. The bar is not that big and you would think that they would be efficient
and talk the customers, pronto. Well, they didn't . There was a female who was concerned only with what she was doing. Never once did she talk to people. Finally a fellow by the name of Carter came up to me. He had not been at the bar initially. He was great. I got served promptly and he even came up and asked me how I liked the coconut shrimp several times. He should be commended. Also you should have blinds on the window east of the bar. It's no fun being blinded while you sit there. The hostesses were not attentive at all. They seemed to be in a world of there own. I will say the food was excellent. I will be back.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Girl's Night Out last Wednesday. Arrived about 5:30 pm. Frustrated by no parking available. Reservations are only available to parties of 8 or more so the 5 of us waited about a half hour. I expect parking will improve when huge snow piles melt and outdoor seating will shorten wait time.

Once seated things went great! Good beer selections and some nice mixed drink options. My meatball sandwich was large & excellent and the sweet potatoes fries plentiful & tasty. With 1 Front Street Brewery Cherry Bomb Blonde Ale my total bill + 20% tip was $22. Everyone else liked their food, as well. Good service.

Only other issue was it was difficult to hear our conversation. There is nothing in the beautiful decor to absorb sound. I will love this place when we can sit outside!

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to The Tangled Wood? Share your experiences!