“Fun for younger kids”

Family Museum of Arts and Science
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploration is encouraged at this museum.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My 4 year old daughters had a great time playing here. Lots of interactive exhibits. The grocery store and farm type exhibits were great fun. Its always good to find some different types of childrens activities at a childrens museum so the kids cant say "we have already done this before".

2  Thank maschmit

Reviewed July 15, 2012

With admission you have access to all of the permanent and traveling exhibits, plus drop-in classes for toddlers. The museum also offers classes in dance, art, language, preschool, and much more. A fun outdoor playground, too!

1  Thank Tammera L
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was a great stop for my daughter (age 7) and I. The exhibits are highly interactive and I would say perfect for ages 10 and under (although this 44 year old enjoyed it as well!). Especially fun was an area dedicated to music, dance and drama -- providing a chance to try out tap dancing, playing instruments and dressing up! The outdoor area is really fun and interesting, with a great playground and water play area. We only were able to stay for an hour, but could have spent 2.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I spent time in Nauvoo, IL for a few days for spring break and decided to stop here on the way home as we have reciprocity due to our Madison Children's Museum (MCM) membership. This is a good museum for a town of this size, but it isn't spectacular. My 11 year old was bored pretty fast, but my younger kids liked it. Having an outdoor play area is a nice touch, love the heart and other medical exhibits, nice mix of miniscience museum exhibits with more traditional children's museum material, and being open until 8:00 PM on weekdays is awesome (not sure why more children's museums don't stay open later weeknights, may be staffing issues). I think after about 1.5 hours we had seen enough, perhaps our youngest could have stayed longer.
However, I prefer the MCM and both metro areas are similar in population (granted, different makeup, but depending on how one measures populations are similar) but the MCM keeps children's attention longer. The price of admission wouldn't have been worth it, but a membership if one frequently returns would be worth it.
Finally, let me put a plug in for reciprocity (especially with science centers)--free admission to many Chicago and other big city attractions. Can't be beat.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

KIds LOVE this place! Mine range in age from 3 yr old B/G Twins up to an 11 yr old girl! Always something fun to do!