“Outstanding! Mystery Night was Really Good. Amazing Antiques.”
Review of Mont Rest Inn

Mont Rest Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I usually think of B&B stays as awkward. But this was really well done. The owner and staff are great fun, have tons of stories, and manage things perfectly. I recommend the mystery night, which really gets people interacting, and involves major dress up. The river is just a couple of blocks away, and has a nice string of shops and places to eat. Very refreshing couple of days. I am sure to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, so take time to read the descriptions and talk with the staff when you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrEric108
There are newer reviews for Mont Rest Inn

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a surprise overnight stay at the Mont Rest Inn, arranged by a friend on June 8th, 2013. The accomodations are beautiful victorian with attention to every detail. The owners and staff treated us like family. We participated in the Mystery Murder Dinner and had such a good time with the other guests. On our arrival we were greeted with sinfully good moon pie cookies and that was just the beginning of the fabulous food! The rooms and the views are amazing. We are already trying to find a date to go back!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mjans90
Reviewed May 4, 2013

5 of us from WI traveled to the Mont Rest Inn from a Sunday to Monday. We had just a grand time, we each had a massage, our own, lovely bedroom & bath & shared in an onsite cookig class. The Inn was clean, welcoming & in most rooms could enjoy a panaramic view . The meals and service were just delightful. 2 of us even bought the cookbook that included many of the beautifully served dishes that we enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara_H770
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just stayed 4/29/13 thru 5/1/13. We got a two night stay through Living Social from our children as an anniversary gift. It was a midweek stay at the end of slow season, but that is what made it rather nice as we were the only guest there & had the place to ourselves! We had never been to a B & B, and were not sure what to expect, but were made to feel right at home. Had a lovely evening sitting on the porch swing with some of the best Tres Leches cake I have EVER had. Breakfast was scrumptious & more than enough food! Naomi is a Superwoman too! The house is beautiful & it was fun to wander around and look at all the treasures that Chris has on display. The jet tub was a special treat. It was a very pleasant surprise & we enjoyed it very much. Thank you Chris for making our mini-vacation great!!

Room Tip: please remember that is is an old mansion - there are modern amenities, but it is historically accur...
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We purchased our stay at a fundraiser, as it was graciously donated to the Make A Wish charity event in Dubuque. We loved every minute of our stay! My husband and I have stayed in Bed and Breakfasts all throughout Canada and the United States (East Coast), and we both agreed this was our favorite. The house is beautiful with a private bath in every room and a lovely view of the Mississippi. The owner Chris treats her guests to an amazing breakfast that will carry you through until dinner. Additionally, for those who are interested, she provides a wonderful little history lesson on the restoration of the property and her experience as an innkeeper. I have to say that which even if you are not a history buff, it is well worth your time. Chris and her manager, Naomi, are o personable that you will feel as though you have known them for years. Although, we personally did not participate in the Murder Mystery, it sounded like a blast and we would highly recommend it to anyone. This is a must stay!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

What can I say...I surprised my wife with a birthday gift and went to the Mont Inn to stay and do the murder mystery. First and foremost, the castle was clean and beautiful and the staff was awesome as well. Naomi was fabulous and had kindly put rose pedals all around and had the Jacuzzi going for us which felt great after the 3.5 hour drive. I wanted this to be the best birthday gift ever. My wife said that it was the best vacation shes' had since our honeymoon in St. Thomas VI, for her that's really saying something. Naomi and Madison are the best and Chris and Ralph the owners are wonderful and made us feel right at home. . When we arrived and saw the castle from the street level, it was breath taking. Once we parked we just happen to go through the servant’s entrance which walked into this big old fashion kitchen. We felt like we went from 2013 back to 1893. At that point they had me reeled in. Naomi took us for a tour through the castle and it was spectacular! We stayed Friday-Monday so we had the opportunity to spend time with Chris and Ralph. They are the warmest people I've met in a while. After settling in the next morning I got up early and made the coffee, feed the Frazier cat, it was so cousy, like being at home. We even took Bosley their dog for walks. My wife loved the sun porch and I would find her there every morning watching the big screen and having coffee. The breakfast that morning was so good with everything homemade and lots off it! Not only was it beautiful it was DELIOUS! It was just my wife and I for breakfast so we invited Chris and Ralph to sit down and have breakfast with us. After they graciously accepted we got the opportunity to really get to know them and they are AWSOME! The murder mystery was so much fun, I laughed so much that it hurt! It was great and it gave us the chance to meet new people and acquire new friends. The dinner that evening was fabulous and acting out our parts made it even more fun. Even though we didn’t guess correctly who the murderer was it was fun trying. Breakfast that morning was the most amazing spread of delicious food and pastries. Our last day there was happy but somber because we really would have liked to stay a little longer that day, but we had to make that 3.5 hour ride home. Next year we will be going back to spend some time at the cabins they own. Thank you and everyone else who made our mini vacation a great vacation! Chance and Linda

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was given a surprise birthday gift of a road trip to this town of Bellevue Ia and a wonderful stay at the Mont Inn..The home was breathtaking the view was great and Cris the owner and her staff was more than TOP of the line of all the B&B I have ever stayed at before..The meals were wonderful and the murder mystery was so much fun...Yes Namoi and Madson are the BEST...If anyone wants a wonderful time go their.We are planning a trip their next year and are planing to stay at their cabins.Again..thank you Chris,her husband,and staff Namoi and Madison,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL
Stoney Creek Inn
Stoney Creek Inn
#2 of 11 in Galena
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellevue
Chestnut Mountain Resort

Been to Mont Rest Inn? Share your experiences!