“Exciting and relaxing weekend getaway!”
Review of Mont Rest Inn

Mont Rest Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Aledo, Illinois
“Exciting and relaxing weekend getaway!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My boy friend and I had an excellent time! The whole weekend was a surprise; I had no idea where i was going. I just packed my bags for a weekend getaway. I couldn't have asked for nicer people. The staff and the other guests were all so warm and kind. I never leave my house and was nervous about leaving all my animals. I really was missing them! Then Naomi was showing us the rooms and I caught a glimpse of a tail; it was a kitty. I was so relieved to see a cat. It just made me feel at home being able to hold and love on a kitty. Then she told me there was a dog too. Oh I was definately relaxed then. They did everything they could to make us feel like we were at home. Plus the food was to die for - no pun intended. I couldn't believe that this young girl was cooking all of our gormet food. It was incredible. You have to have there hot chocolate. The murder mystery was the definately the best part though. It was so much fun. You get to actually be part of the murder; dress up in costume and solve the mystery. There wasn't one thing I would change. OK, maybe one; I would have had one more cup of hot chocolate. I have recommended to everyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. We stayed in one of the suites. Can't remember the name for sure...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cedar Rapids
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We were here to enjoy a "mystery weekend" with our good friends. They took care of the reservations. When we arrived we were shown our room (the steeple room with a winding iron staircase as the only way into the room. My husband didn't really want to lug two suitcases up that thing. In adition, the room had no fireplace or tub. We asked, is it OK to switch our room? The hostess said, sure and gave us tours of the available rooms. We picked a much lower price room and they said we can fix the bill later. When we went to leave we asked Kris the owner if we can adjust our bill before we left. She said, just call Naomi the manager, on Tuesday and she will take care of it. In the past 4 weeks, we have called twice and emailed Naomi twice. We have not received any response to our request to adjust our bill for a lower priced room. (We moved to a room that was not in the main old mansion but were in the annex.) Our stay itself was nice, but why such horrible treatment? If we knew the room price would not be adjusted that's fine. BUT PLEASE TELL US WHILE WE ARE BEING SHOWN NEW ROOMS THAT WERE NOT BOOKED! I have not ever encountered an innkeeper with such poor customer service sense. I can't believe how horrible we feel after this stay and the way they have treated us. We will not make any recommendations to this inn. Be very careful.

7 Thank werl828
Westville, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband planned this weekend escape for my short vacation. Mont Rest Inn has everything that I could ever ask for. It was elegant yet cozy and we instantly felt at home. My husband ordered fresh flowers, a box of handmade gourmet chocolates, and a bottle of chilled champagne upon our arrival. He scheduled a one hour massage which phenomenal. We even had a private dinner which had so much delicious food we were too stuffed to eat our dessert, so they brought it to our room with coffee. Breakfast in the dining room every morning was the best (I can't wait for the cookbook!) The day we left it was cold and rainy which was very fitting. We were not ready to leave. We had such a relaxing time at Mont Rest and it was all thanks to the wonderful owners and their equally wonderful staff! We can't wait to come back and visit with everyone....even Bosely and Frazier ;)

2 Thank Megan S
Monticello, Iowa, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We had a wonderful time...but had much higher expectations before arriving! By the time we left, we had completely forgotten about our initial disappointment!

We had soo much fun at our murder mystery dinner! Namoi makes the night soo much fun - as well as her helpers! The beds were very comfortable and the food was delicious!! We had a wonderful time and plan to come back, again!

It was an expensive weekend trip, but defintiely worth while!!

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your swimsuit - there is a jacuzzi over looking the river that is open for anyone t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brittell
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was the perfect stay. I say that every time. The weather was gorgeous, our room was like a retro mansion, except for the jacuzzi and the switch on gas fireplace. Looking out the windows at the Mississippi at sunrise is a picture in my mind I never want to forget. Chris the host and the staff treat us with a cordial professionalism you just don't see at a lot of B&Bs. Wonderful stay and put a sixth star up there so I can improve my rating!

Mike and Joan Lehner

Room Tip: Not a bad room at the Inn.
3 Thank Michael L
New London
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My name is Gary Lachapelle WOW WOW WOW, is all I can say with a few of the reviews I have read. They must have been dreaming about a different place, because in all the 15 times that I have stay at Mont Rest I have never had a bad expereince. The rooms are great, the Food is outstanding and the you meet great people who then are friends forever. to the one review that said the reviews were fabricated, I have to say I strongly disagree, and I think you were looking for a Motel 6 and not a Unique special bed and breakfast. Love Mont Rest and will be back another 15 times.

Room Tip: Get on the web site and look at all the differnt rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary L
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Wanted to go to Galena Illinois but we got a late start booking a room. Being Bellevue Iowa wasn't too far we decided to look for lodging there and came upon the Mont Rest Inn in my search. Being there were several good reviews we made a reservation.we probably should have stayed home.... Room was tiny and cramped with lots of stuff everywhere you looked. Rather then creating a comfortable atmosphere it was just cluttered. Honestly you could barely turn around in the bathroom without knocking stuff over! The sheets on the bed were a polyester type satin finish sheets that were pulled and terribly itchy. The breakfast may have been good but we didn't stick around long enough to find out. All I wanted to do was go home to take a decent shower so I could get the soap out my hair from the god awful shower in our room. I only write reviews like this when I feel it's totally necessary.this place is soooooooooo not worth the money. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Duffy-Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Stoney Creek Inn
Stoney Creek Inn
#2 of 11 in Galena
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Chestnut Mountain Resort
Bernadine's Stillman Inn

Been to Mont Rest Inn? Share your experiences!