“I felt like I'd died and went to intellectual heaven!”
Review of Mont Rest Inn

Mont Rest Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I felt like I'd died and went to intellectual heaven!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This place is AMAZING! We only spent a night in the Boardwalk Suite, but we wish we could've stayed forever! This place is SO relaxing, and simply gorgeous in every way imaginable. We will definitely be returning for vacations and (more than likely) anniversaries and special occasions. The staff were the warmest of anyone we've ever met, without being intrusive at all! They are professional but still welcoming. Amazing stay in every way!

Room Tip: Boardwalk Suite!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Otho, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

my wife and i arrived friday afternoon greeted athe door was shown to our room and then looked around did the murder mystery loved it great food for supper and dessert
next morning great breakfast the rice porridge was awesome and was asked by the innkeeper if would like to do murder mystery again and we did had a other awesome supper witha great time at mueder mystery and another great breakfast on sunday morning chrisnand ralph and naomi and the little red head did a wonderful job will be back again thanks again rick and carla

Room Tip: iilook for the big house
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Mont Rest Inn was both beautiful and fun. It is a gorgeous old home set on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. My husband surprised me for my birthday and invited 3 other couples to join us there for the Murder Mystery package. I have been wanting to do this for years, and it exceeded my expectations. Because it was a surprise, many special accommodations had to be made to keep things secret, and the staff there graciously catered to our every need. The costumes for the Mystery were fabulous, the dinner they served was absolutely delicious (and I am a foodie!) and the breakfast the next morning was wonderful as well. Seriously, one of the best weekends of my life and I am so glad this place is so close to home. Go Iowa!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gorgeous. Many of them have a private bathroom and jacuzzi--I would get one of...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FunFoodi
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I went just to get away and work on my hobby, scrapbooking. The owners let me take over their dining room with all of my stuff and work uninterrupted. They were very kind and friendly. It was very nice...quiet, peaceful, and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My two friends and I went to celebrate a 30th birthday! We did the Grown Ladies package and when they say "want to get away, really get away" that is what they mean 100%!! From the second we walked in the door we had the best time ever! In fact 20 minutes in we were already talking about our next visit! We had massages, each had our own room (however we spent most of the time in 1 room chatting) and the best was that we were the only ones there that night! We literally had the BEST time!! It was a true escape! Great staff, great food, GREAT memories!! We will return for sure!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2010

My wife was very aprehensive when I booked our getaway, especially when I told her that she would by starring in a murder mystery. We both have hectic jobs and really needed a night away from home. Turned out to be a perfect night. We travelled through a snow storm to get there so the hot tub upon arrival was perfect! Both of our meals were as great as both our hosts. We can't wait for summer to join friends and travel up the Mississippi by boat and make a long weekend out of it. This was our first B and B so I'm guessing this one will be tough to beat?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We have stayed at many B&B's in Iowa and we drive 3.5 hours just to stay at Mont Rest. It is totally worth the trip!!! Chris, Naomi and their staff are excellent. They cater to your needs and the food is superb. The first time I went with my husband on a mini-honeymoon before our Europe honeymoon and we did the "Winery Tour and Gourmet Dinner Package'. Chris tailored our package in an Italian theme with the food, etc. Second time we did the murder mystery dinner and it's the best interactive mystery we've been to; had a blast! Third time went with my mom and teenager and did the "All Grown Up Ladies Pajama Party"; we had so muich fun!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bmhemmingson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Chestnut Mountain Resort
The Inn at Potter's Mill
The Inn at Potter's Mill
#2 of 4 in Bellevue

Been to Mont Rest Inn? Share your experiences!