“Love this Place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Prophetstown, Illinois
“Love this Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went for my birthday.(Received a free Drink) It is such a beautiful place to visit. Beautiful view of the Mississippi. We did not eat here but we are planning on returning. It is a very small place, quiet, cozy and very comfortable. I can't say enough about Spruce Harbor. I can rave all day about it. I agree with all the reviews. I am very happy that we took the time to stop. On the way out the door I asked if they served Bloody Mary's and they said yes an gave me sample. It was the best I have ever had. It was great. We will be returning.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tompkins2006

Lanark, Illinois, United States
“Great Food & Atmoshpere with Fair Prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I live at a lake development about an hour's drive from Bellevue and Spruce Harbor is one of our very favorite places. We found out about it from a local (Bellevue) business and have been going there for about six years. The service, food (incl. nice salad bar) are first rate. The Pike is my favorite, while my wife loves the Shrimp. We highly recommend this jewel right on the Mississippi!! It's a little hard to find your first visit, but just follow the Google map on their website.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Geoff S
Dubuque, IA
“a nice family restaurant with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We boat on the mississippi a couple of times per year. We end up at the Spruce Harbor for dinner each time. The food and service are good. The view is excellent. Relaxing and not rushed.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Goodscout
Dubuque, Iowa
“The only thing better than view is the food and I mean it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice restaurant off of the highway located next to a campground on the river. The restaurant has several windows that give a nice view of the barges going by. During the summer they have a nice large dock and gas for boaters. We ate here the last two Friday nights. We had the Friday night fish special. The broasted Pike is all you can eat with potato and salad bar. The steamed Pike is not all you can eat, but they give you four pieces instead of three. I thought I would want more fish, but the time I ate my rice pudding I was full. I only saw one person ask for more fish. The Pike was quite tasty almost a sweet buttery like taste. Don't let the small island salad bar fool you. There were atleast 6 homemade salads plus cottage cheese and lettuce and great homemade rice pudding for dessert. Jessica was our server very outgoing young lady. She knew the menu inside and out. The jumbo shrimp are huge. That was a very popular item last night. Take the drive from Dubuque its only 25 minutes and you won't be disappointed.

Grimes, Iowa
“Food & service were very good. Portions were also just the right amount.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Food & service were very good. Portions were also just the right amount. The river setting is very picturesque as well. The broasted pike was very good & the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Spruce Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!