“I visit every chance I can and I live in Chicago IL!”
Review of The Happy Bean - CLOSED

The Happy Bean
Cuisines: American
savannah IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I visit every chance I can and I live in Chicago IL!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I live for the steak and eggs breakfast! I have taken a to go box of delicious bakery items because i could not finish my food.Great place. Good coffee. Farmers market on Saturday mornings and Mississippi river across the street with benches to linger.
Area invites visitors. Charming

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fran F

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant in the Tri-state area!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been to the Water Street Market/Happy Bean many times and it's by far my favorite restaurant in the Tri-state area! No matter what we seem to order it's always good! Our favorite appetizer is the Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Favorite dessert is the Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake. For dinner we have always loved the French onion Filet or the seared scallops. This restaurant is definitely fine dining at a reasonable cost! Traveling 30 minutes to get there has been worth the trip every time!!!

1 Thank Dangerdude
Ames, Iowa
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Dining at The Happy Bean was a highlight of our weekend in Bellevue. The dinner menu offered a variety of delicious choices at reasonable prices and the wait staff was personable and helpful. Portions were perfect for the beef tenderloin and pan seared scallops we ordered. Quality was excellent and the atmosphere was charming. We will plan another trip to this area partly because of this outstanding dining experience and our desire to return to The Happy Bean.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Marie709
North Carolina
“Food was great - service slow”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I want to say that the food here is outstanding, but our family meal here wasn't the experience it could have been as they were VERY understaffed on a Saturday morning (we had a reservation for 10 in advance) and there still was only one person manning the front. I hope this was just an isolated incidence as the food here is quite remarkable for such a small town. The coffee is very good quality as well.

• Visited September 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been to the Happy Bean for lunch twice now and loved it. But the other night I had two friends in town and we were doing a small wine tour of the area. When we finished up at Wide River Winery we were on the hunt for something to eat before we got back to Dubuque. I mentioned the Happy Bean but wasn't sure what they did for dinner.

We all were very happy with their dinner menu and service! I had the scollops and risotto, and everything was cooker perfectly! My friend, Rachel, had the special which was Beef Wellington, a dish she had never tried before. There wasn't one once of food left on her plate. The dinner rolls they brought out a head of time were delicious as well!

All of us were very happy with the meal and I know I will be bringing more friends back here in the future!!

• Visited September 2013