“Delicious burgers, delightful service in an enchanting environment!”
Review of G. Simone Cafe - CLOSED

G. Simone Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My family (My wife, two toddler girls, and I) stopped in to G. Simone's on a rainy night while vacationing in Indiana. My first impression was the calm and easy-going environment of the cozy dining room. The manager greeted us, and took our order and plenty of time and care to explain all of the menu choices, she even made a great recommendation for me, as I can never decide what to eat!.
The food and drink was delicious. EVERYONE does burgers, but I found this burger from G. Simone's unlike any I had ever eaten! Accompanied with sweet potato fries and a good brew, this was a perfect meal. I really felt it was a great value too!
I was truly impressed! I am so glad this is not another quick-service burger joint - but a great experience and a true gem in Zionsville.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

G Simones has a simple menu in the evening - Burgers, fondues and cheese plates and yet despite the simplicity, confusion reigned at this small cafe. There were too many staff behind the small counter and not enough people providing service. I have no idea who was in charge but the wrong food was being served to the wrong people and two ladies next to us must have waited over an hour for a grilled cheese sandwich and burger. We both thought our burgers were OK but the salad lacked any imagination and we were not offered even the most basic of condiments.
The only saving grace was the sound of a live band coming up from the basement.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

Three of us visited this cafe and found it to be quite charming. There is a small dining room on the street level and a larger one downstairs. Do not be in a hurry as the person who took our order prepared everything fresh - from cutting the sweet potato fries to making the coffee in a French Press. Each pot was enough for 3 cups and they charged only $1.60 per pot! Lunch was delicious and large portions. We saved a little room for dessert and we shared one Large chocolate brownie - a bit spendy at $6, but it was for the 3 of us. Good Ambiance, great food and no rush!

Reviewed October 5, 2010

So this little tiny store front, that would do fabulously in any Italian village, just doesn't live up to their own expectations. This place, owned and operated by it's next door neighbor, Plum's Upper Room, has the SAME BAD SERVICE. First off, the place can only sit 8 people, total. That wouldn't matter if you were popping in for an Espresso on your way to work. But this is Zionsville and there are no Italian hotties roaming these streets! I don't understand how they keep their doors open or even make a decent buck. Upstairs at Plum's, service is terrible and they are unapologetic! Everyone in town knows it too. You don't see any locals coming back.

Susan the Manager on several occasions I have witnessed while dining, is oblivious and incompetent. The kitchen is chaotic as the waiters so easily point the finger, but they are no better in their lax approach to service. I once waited for 26 minutes for a cheese board and a glass of wine. I was the only person in the restaurant at 8:00 pm on a Wednesday night!

Zionsville is a great town. As a local, I wish we could offer people better food experiences. I'm afraid to take out of town guests to some of these.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Great breakfast and lunch- try the crepes!