“Really good, unique place”
Review of Noah Grant's

Noah Grant's
Reserve with OpenTable
Noah Grant's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Zionsville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Road 334
Avon, Indiana
“Really good, unique place”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Place is small so reservations are a must because there isn't a lot of seating. Can get cramped inside while trying to move around however the food is really good. Cute and fun atmosphere

• Visited January 2013

Sussex, Wisconsin
“Nice, but awkward”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The dinner was great, but we (4 of us) were seated outdoors in an alley area that other patrons had to use to get to the main restaurant. People had to apologize as they passed our table since the space between our table and the wall was no more than about 18 inches.

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Heard great things about this restaurant, so, while in Indy, we decided to try it with some friends. We were told that the crab cakes were to 'die for'. They were good -- 3 large ones. However, living in Maryland for a number of years, we were expecting crab cakes, not crab cakes and bread crumbs. Too much filler. I guess that's why they were large. They were good, not great.

Steak was excellent, so was the Bibimbab (Korean dish).

Service sucked. The place wasn't that crowded. Wait staff hanging around gabbing. We needed plates to share stuff, had to hunt down a waitress.

Our drinks were not hard to make, Markers Mark/Rocks; Crown Royal/Rocks. Got something different. One drink had cinnamon in it, the other tasted of vermouth and cheap rye. Couldn't find the waitress, had to take the drinks back to the bar and ask the bartender what they were, he told us. We told him we ordered such and such, he said, that wasn't what the waitress gave him.

Dessert was excellent, a souffle -- just yummy and we shared it. Too big for one unless you want to put on 10 pounds.

I rate the restaurant as average due to service and our seating arrangement and the fact the drink order was screwed up. We had reserved a table and got a bar table, tall uncomfortable chairs, not what we expected.

More attention is needed by management in supervision of staff. Food, however was excellent. Overall experience, Ok, not great

• Visited May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“3 stars - good food but way overpriced”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I tried Noah Grants for the first time this past Friday after talking about it for a long time. I will provide a few more specifics but overall the food was good but way overpriced for what you got.

My wife started with the mini salad (yes just that mini) and I started with the shrimp and crab bisque. The soup was good but for $5.99 I would have expected a larger serving (it was more like a cup but didn't say a cup on the menu).

I had a glass of wine and the pour was very very small. So it was $8 for a glass but it was close to 1/2 the size of other restaurants I have been to. Also let me say up front that yes I consider myself a wine snob at times even though I rarely buy expensive bottles, but the red wine was very warm in temperature and should have been served at a slightly cooler temperature. One glass was enough and after that I decided to have a beer since I knew that would be a better temperature. Also they use stemless glasses here (i prefer this for reds) but they also use the same for whites which is very unusual since by touching the glass it warms the wine up and especially with white wine that is the last thing you want.

For the meals I got the crab cakes and my wife got the seafood risotto. The crab cakes were good and $18 but came with nothing else (no sides or anything) so I felt it was more than it should have been. Most places around here they are about $20 but that comes with sides. The seafood risotto was good and we ate every bit but we have definitely had better (especially for $28). Plus in order to get any kind of side it had to be ordered separately and we got the creamed spinach which was $6 and wasn't a huge helping.

So overall it was just too expensive for what you got. For 1 glass of wine, 1 beer, a soup and salad, 1 side, and 2 seafood entrees the price with tip came to over $90. For this price I would have expected a little more but like I said overall the food was good but for this price probably not again.

A few more notes. The service overall was good. The atmosphere was loud and cramped. So for somebody who wants more of a romantic type dinner, this is not the place. It is the place to more go with another couple or friends. I also wouldn't recommend it as a place to take smaller children.

• Visited March 2013
Indianapolis
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for fresh fish, this is the place to go! The meals are always good and so is the service. I have been with my family, with a group of women and with couples - it works for any occasion. The kickin' shrimp are awesome for starters. The mini salad is a great size to go with dinner because the dinners are good sized meals. We have had almost all of the fish/seafood entre and love them all - can't pick a favorite.

• Visited December 2012