“Absolutely wonderful”

The Blue Heron Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winona Lake
The Blue Heron Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Winona Lake B&B and Inns
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are in town for the weekend and thought we would try a bed and breakfast. Couldn't be happier with this B&B. The home sits on a small peninsula overlooking the lake and the view is spectacular. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds very comfortable.
The owners Tony and Kelly attend to every detail and make you feel at home. When you stay here ask Kelly to make her Eggs Benedict, you won't be sorry. As you can tell we love this B&B and will stay here again. Do yourself a favor and spend the weekend, you won't regret it.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank rramy

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We travelled here to attend a car show at the Village. The house is well maintained and sits on the edge of a very beautiful lake.The room was beautifully presented and comfortable. I can't say enough about the hospitality and care shown by Kelly and Tony. They went beyond to ensure we had a great stay.The breakfast is excellent and if you can eat outside do it!. We will use this guest house again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just got home from my second stay at the guest house. The first time we stayed in the Empyrean suite (which was a little over-the-top for my wife and I -- everything looked gilded in gold), and this time we stayed in the Heron's Nest (which was also richly furnished but more comfortable to my wife and I, plus it's on the second story so you can enjoy the view).

It was a great experience. Kelly and Tony are really nice and very accommodating. The boat taxi to Cerulean was awesome -- Tony took us on a great trip around the lake after dinner and we got to enjoy sunset and some good tunes.

I know there's another B&B in the village but I don't think I'll ever book there. Staying here feels like staying with family, and the setting is extremely relaxing. The upstairs rooms get access to a nice living-room area complete with coffee and water and a nice DVD collection, not to mention a sprawling view of the lake. Beautiful. The back yard is well laid-out and well-maintained, and features a nice fire pit and a landscaped fountain area. There's wildlife everywhere and people enjoying the lake. Love it. We will be back!

Room Tip: We prefer the Heron's Nest or the Water's Edge suites -- upstairs you have your own coffee p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nate E
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Blue Herron Guest House is the perfect get away for any couple. This was the most attractive/beautiful house on the lake. The quality, care & hospitality was just outstanding. Kelly & Tony are great!!! You must try the French toast & coffee that Kelly makes. This was such a wonderful experience and I truly reccommend anyone to stay here. 1st Class in everything they do!! We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: I choose the Emperior Suite!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Blue Heron Guest House is fabulous! The owners are very nice and accommodating. The decor is beautiful, and the house is surrounded on two sides with the lake. Balconies are plentiful and a well-kept dock all for easy viewing and access to the lake. Breakfast was absolutely yummy, too! What more could you want? Love this place.

Room Tip: all were good rooms. really
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SusieMartini
GREENWOOD
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went to Warsaw for my cousin's funeral. I booked a room at the Blue Heron because I wanted comfortable surroundings during a difficult time. When I learned that the other 2 rooms were available, other members of my family (2 sisters and my parents) cancelled their hotel rooms and stayed at the Blue Heron, too. The house is absolutely gorgeous! The location is very private. All rooms have breathtaking views of the water. The rooms upstairs both had private balconies. Most importantly, Kelly was so attentive to our needs. Going back to the Guest House between viewings and the funeral was like getting a warm hug. The beauty and comfort of the home, Kelly’s genuine caring concern and the soothing waves of the water was just what we wanted and needed. We decided we must return during a happier time.

Room Tip: If you have to have a private bath, choose the room downstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lawmom555
LAWRENCE
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My spouse and I recently were in Indiana for a family wedding and stayed at this woderful B&B.
Glorious location, wonderful and gracious hosts, beautiful rooms. Kelly and Tony went out of their way to make us welcome and comfortable. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor and the suite here was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee

Been to The Blue Heron Guest House? Share your experiences!