“A sad time made better”

The Blue Heron Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winona Lake
The Blue Heron Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Winona Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went to Warsaw for my cousin's funeral. I booked a room at the Blue Heron because I wanted comfortable surroundings during a difficult time. When I learned that the other 2 rooms were available, other members of my family (2 sisters and my parents) cancelled their hotel rooms and stayed at the Blue Heron, too. The house is absolutely gorgeous! The location is very private. All rooms have breathtaking views of the water. The rooms upstairs both had private balconies. Most importantly, Kelly was so attentive to our needs. Going back to the Guest House between viewings and the funeral was like getting a warm hug. The beauty and comfort of the home, Kelly’s genuine caring concern and the soothing waves of the water was just what we wanted and needed. We decided we must return during a happier time.

Room Tip: If you have to have a private bath, choose the room downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lawmom555
There are newer reviews for The Blue Heron Guest House

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My spouse and I recently were in Indiana for a family wedding and stayed at this woderful B&B.
Glorious location, wonderful and gracious hosts, beautiful rooms. Kelly and Tony went out of their way to make us welcome and comfortable. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor and the suite here was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBL29
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Booked this bed and breakfast mainly just to have a place to shower and sleep after mountain biking, and before dinner at the Cerulean Restaurant. The Blue Heron stole the show. The house, rooms, hosts - Tony and Kelly, and breakfast were all exceptional. Best part was meeting and getting to know the other guests. Wouldn't change a thing. At less than an hour from our home in Fort Wayne, we will be back to stay many times I'm sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Waterfront room. It was huge with great views of the lake, an L-shaped balcony, and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alec J
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very peaceful and relaxing. Tony and Kelly really made us very welcome and really went the extra mile. Everything from setting up alittle cake surprise for my husbands birthday to putting us in touch with a great fishing guide....definitely will go back...thanks Sylvia and Darren

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvia D
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs I've stayed in. My wife and I spent our wedding night here and it was perfect! Tony and Kelly are wonderful hosts and went above and beyond for our last minute reservation when our original plans fell apart. Elegant, beautiful home with nice views of Winona Lake and an incredible breakfast! Can't say enough!!

2  Thank americanadien
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway. This place was perfect! The house and grounds are beautiful, the decor is breathtaking, the breakfasts are fabulous and the hosts are wonderful. We never wanted for anything and Kelly went above and beyond my expectations for breakfast! I'd highly recommend visiting!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Julie L
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Blue Heron is a great place to spend a weekend relaxing and getting away from the grind of daily life. We enjoyed our brief weekend stay at this relaxing inn. The hosts are great and the accommodations are top notch

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee

Been to The Blue Heron Guest House? Share your experiences!