“Fabulous!”

The Blue Heron Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winona Lake
The Blue Heron Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Winona Lake B&B and Inns
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs I've stayed in. My wife and I spent our wedding night here and it was perfect! Tony and Kelly are wonderful hosts and went above and beyond for our last minute reservation when our original plans fell apart. Elegant, beautiful home with nice views of Winona Lake and an incredible breakfast! Can't say enough!!

2 Thank americanadien

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway. This place was perfect! The house and grounds are beautiful, the decor is breathtaking, the breakfasts are fabulous and the hosts are wonderful. We never wanted for anything and Kelly went above and beyond my expectations for breakfast! I'd highly recommend visiting!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julie L
Indiana
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Blue Heron is a great place to spend a weekend relaxing and getting away from the grind of daily life. We enjoyed our brief weekend stay at this relaxing inn. The hosts are great and the accommodations are top notch

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NC98057
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I came here for the first time when we were dating and fell in love with the beauty and warmth of this lovely bed and breakfast. We ended up spending our honeymoon night here, as well as just a few months ago for a holiday get-away. Kelly makes the most delicious breakfasts, and we are always treated like old friends stopping in for a visit.
The house, the rooms, the little touches...everything is so beautiful and elegant. This is a very special place for us, as we imagine it is for all who have the priviledge of staying here.

Room Tip: We've stayed in every room; they're all amazing!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jama S
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on the first two nights of our honeymoon and absolutely fell in love with this beautiful bed and breakfast! Kelly was a wonderful hostess who made us delicious breakfasts every morning and helped make every moment relaxing and romantic. We stayed in the Heron's Nest our first night and in the large suite the second night, both were lovely rooms!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank LeahandDrew
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the perfect place to finish a 15th anniversary celebration with my wife. I will never forget this place and hope we can return! Tony and Kelly were amazing hosts and have one of the most amazing homes I have ever seen. The architecture, views of the lake, and decorating are over-the-top amazing! Our guest room and bath were on the first floor and probably the most magically romantic of any rooms I have ever seen anywhere. Incredible windows on three of the walls show off the incredible lake.

They have several romantic packages available. One is a great sunset boat ride tour around the lake. I highly recommend this! It is a great way to see the lake and really amazing way to go to dinner. Tony took us across the lake and dropped us off at the dock for the Boathouse in the village. The food there was great and the waterfront dining experience was top notch. He picked us up after dinner and gave us a nice tour of the rest of the lake to some great music on the boat's excellent sound system.

Their B&B is unique and a truly amazing find. I would emphatically recommend it to anyone celebrating an anniversary or romantic getaway!

Room Tip: The Empyrean Suite is absolute perfection in every sense!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RockinTraveler101
Medina, Oh
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I took my two daughters to play in a golf tournament in Winona Lake, Indiana and we got lucky and found the Blue Heron Guest House. This place is worth driving 3 hours or more out of your way to get to. It is miraculous. Kelly and Tony make your stay the best it can possibly be. They have thought of everything. Attention to detail is their specialty. They have three rooms and ours was huge and they put a queen size air mattress in for me. It was surprisingly fantastic. The place is exceptionally quiet and extraordinarily beautiful. The decorating looks like it is right out of Architectural Digest. The grounds are majestic and the views from your room, your own private balcony, the breakfast table or anywhere on the property are nothing short of breathtaking. I was stunned at how quiet and comfortable the room was. At one point on our first evening, I just listened in awe and the total silence. Blue Herons really do live there and hang out at the sand bar. There are geese and ducks just out on the water. They have two different boats they can give you a tour with, or you can go tubing with the speed boat. I enjoyed sitting out on the dock in one of the recliners and reading next to the beautiful lake and my youngest daughter (14) sat on her balcony and read her book. The food was spectacular. Each morning we had fresh fruit that was amazing. Blueberries, peaches, strawberries, bananas, kiwi and bing cherries! First morning, Tony made custom made omlettes and on the second morning we had Kelly's eggs benedict. The breakfast with great coffee and fresh orange juice were served out on the patio next to the water. The only sounds were those of birds and waves gently lapping at the sand bar near the dock. This is truly a find. You will not be disappointed. I would say it ranks as one of the finest places I have ever stayed including Ritz Carltons and Peninsula Hotels in Chicago and Manhattan. Try it! You will love it.

Room Tip: There are two rooms upstairs. Get the largest one and if you need an extra bed, try their air mattre...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Syracuse
Solomon Mier Manor
Solomon Mier Manor
#1 of 2 in Ligonier

Been to The Blue Heron Guest House? Share your experiences!