“Best soup,great atmosphere ”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best soup,great atmosphere ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is one I enjoy visiting several times a year. They just recently remodeled and it is warm and inviting!
I always get their soup which is yummy! I have always had wonderful service and food.
The view is beautiful! If you are lucky you may see the swans or eagles that live at the lake.

Urbana, Indiana
“Dinner with cousins”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Six of us met for dinner. What a lovely place. In process of remodeling but didn't interfere with a great evening. Excellent menu - great prices - food was delicious. Large portions - so I have lunch tomorrow. Very relaxing atmosphere with very attentive waitress.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Claudia R
Nashville, Tennessee
“Pleasant surprise, beautiful view even in winter!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Friends took us to The Boathouse on Winona Lake. Obviously it would be busier and "prettier" in the spring and summer. I enjoyed the winter view! There were a few ice fishing on the lake, we had a great view from our seats.

The restaurant is being completely remodeled inside! Looked about half done and we were in the finished half which boasts a lake-blue and green decor. Very pleasant.

As a table we sampled the nachos, very good. My salad was good, just a regular house but it was fresh. I ordered the Santa Fe Chicken with baked potato. I really wasn't that crazy about the chicken...and it wasn't hot so it wasn't real appealing. Everything else was fine. Portions are plenty!

Would love to visit in the warmer temperatures!

• Visited March 2014
Wisconsin
“Maybe it's nice in the summer?”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We arrived around noon on a Saturday. It took about five minutes before anyone acknowledged our presence (after we seated ourselves), even though the chef (presumably) walked through twice. A waitress eventually offered us menus, and she was kind and efficient, but there was no explanation or apology for the tardiness of a greeting. The room, because really that's all this restaurant is, was freezing. We ordered, fish and chips for me and a burger and frites for my husband, and the food came quickly. Everything was fine. The burger was obviously a frozen patty, but it had fresh greens and sautéed onions on it. My fish was good, albeit a little greasy. The food was typical, average, adequate, but it was not exceptional, and after the chilly atmosphere and delayed reception, we will likely not return any time soon.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Amdanbo
Milford, Indiana
“Great restuaurant for all occasions.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

A great place to be with your friends and family. Wonderful menu and food and service and hospitality is top notch.
We always have our winter class reunions there because they are so accommodating.
We have a number of couples from Fort Wayne and they have stated that The Boat House is better than anything that Fort Wayne has to offer.
Would recommend this to everyone no matter what the occasion. Also, we go their often on Sunday after our church services.
It truly is a special place to go.

• Visited January 2014