“Always a treat, especially the bento box lunches!”
Review of Cerulean

Cerulean
Reserve with OpenTable
Cerulean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Ave
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I and my family, on a regular basis, drive to this most wonderful Cerulean restaurant situated on a water canal of Winona Lake near Warsaw, Indiana, where we get the bento boxes for lunch.
Each compartment holds the most exquisite delectible food! Their on-site roasted French press coffee is worth the drive by itself, and the desserts are truly special. Our personal favorite is the fresh fruit Pavlova. The small shops in this shopping district are distinct and filled with artful items. Service is premier and reservations are taken!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We fell in love with Cerulean! We had always wanted to try this restaurant as had heard they had awesome sushi. We got way more than sushi! We had a party of six on New Year's Eve and had a lovely, quaint table on the enclosed wood floor porch where we had a beautiful view of the lake channel and had the luck of witnessing a beautiful snowfall. The porch lighting was perfect. One suggestion I would make is to dim the lights in the restaurant itself-way too bright to be romantic or enchanting. Our Taylor Swift look alike waitress was sweet and very knowledgable.

Now the best part: The FOOD! 3 words: A-MAZ-ING. The sushi was the best we have ever had, the sparkling wine, perfect (got 2 bottles!) and the entrees superb! The sea bass was so flavorful and perfectly proportioned in size and sauce ratio. Everyone else raved about their entrees as well. My husband and I are thinking about going back just for a meal of sushi sometime too as it was that fresh and tasty. Dessert were devine. I had looked at the menu ahead of time and am a sucker for anything pumpkin so I already knew I would get the pumpkin mascarpone ceylon dessert! Ahhh, heaven. However in addition to that we tried our friends gelato as it sounded like such an unusual flavor and we are lovers of gelato ever since a trip to Italy. Popcorn Gelato with butterscotch sauce. It was fabulous and a perfect amount to sweeten the palate after such a flavorful meal.

The only complaint I have is the checks were a little messed up. We had 3 separate checks and some things were on other's that should have been on a different bill, but no fear, we just paid them all at once and worried about dividng later as our experience had been so pleasant we did not want to complain.

Overall, run to this unique dining experience in charming Winona Lake, you will not be sorry and you will be impressed that this area in Indiana has such a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Since it opened several years ago, we have enjoyed Cerulean many times. Nothing about it ever disappoints us and this visit was no exception. We both started off with a first course, autumn greens and tomato soup. The tomato soup was really a nice surprise: rich, tasty and full of beef. Their salads are always fantastic.

For entrées, one of us had the beef tenderloin and one had the pork porterhouse. Both were excellent; definitely up to Cerulean's high standards. If you are extra hungry the pork porterhouse may be the answer. It was tender and juicy and more than I could eat.

We didn’t have dessert on this visit, but we can attest that their desserts are always wonderful. Last, but certainly not least, our server, Tiffany, was helpful, attentive and delightful. She really enhanced our dining experience!

Overall, we feel very lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in the Warsaw area.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had lunch with a client and it was so unique. The tuna was cooked to a perfect medium rare the sald was scrumptious. Nice place to eat although if you are in a hurry this venue is not it. Takes awhile but it is well worth the wait

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We thankfully live over an hour away from Cerulean in Winona Lake. Otherwise my waistline would be larger and my wallet thinner.

This little restaurant is a gem. The food (and this is why you go isn't it) is "unexpected". Even the things on the menu that you think you understand, or should understand are different from what you expect. The chef and his (or her) helpers have found various flavors that they combine in unexpected ways.

I now expect to be surprised and delighted, and I have yet to be disappointing.

Until a couple of weeks ago I'd never had lunch here. I'd been told it was different and it was. The entree and the sides are each in individual squares on a square plate. If you are in the area you should try them for dinner or lunch.

The interior or the restaurant is simple and clean. I personally do not like the pictures on the wall as they are macro photographs of flowers and they don't tend to be in focus in my humble opinion. Some of the decor could use a touch, but now I'm getting picky.

Go. You will love it.