“My Favorite Resturant”
Review of Cerulean

Cerulean
Reserve with OpenTable
Cerulean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Ave
indiana
“My Favorite Resturant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We thankfully live over an hour away from Cerulean in Winona Lake. Otherwise my waistline would be larger and my wallet thinner.

This little restaurant is a gem. The food (and this is why you go isn't it) is "unexpected". Even the things on the menu that you think you understand, or should understand are different from what you expect. The chef and his (or her) helpers have found various flavors that they combine in unexpected ways.

I now expect to be surprised and delighted, and I have yet to be disappointing.

Until a couple of weeks ago I'd never had lunch here. I'd been told it was different and it was. The entree and the sides are each in individual squares on a square plate. If you are in the area you should try them for dinner or lunch.

The interior or the restaurant is simple and clean. I personally do not like the pictures on the wall as they are macro photographs of flowers and they don't tend to be in focus in my humble opinion. Some of the decor could use a touch, but now I'm getting picky.

Go. You will love it.

• Visited December 2012

“So glad”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

So glad we finally visited this restaurant. Appetizers, salad, entrees and dessert were all outstanding. The beef tenderloin was the best I've had. Innovative use of local products - cheeses, liquor, beer, poultry, lamb, etc.

Warsaw, IN
“Two different restaurants in one”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Cerulean seems to have a split personality and I prefer the dinner menu over the lunch presentations. The staff is hlepful and friendly and the food is excellent, if a little pricey, as everything is alacarte. I've heard them described as Asian fusion, but I would call them slightly exotic. A good choice for a special occasion.

Visited September 2012
midwest
“Worth the drive from Indy or Chicago”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Wow. Get in the car, take the drive, love the dinner. If you like trendy, unusual, etc., stop debating and go. Reminds me very much of local restaurants in Chicago's River North neighborhood, but in Warsaw, IN.

Winona Lake, Indiana
“Best Gourmet Place in Winona Lake”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very Gourmet. Bento Box is great deal for lunch. Entrees are unique and flavorful. Assorted coffees available. Great choice for special occasion or business meal.

Visited October 2012