“The Best Italian Food in the area”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Every time I eat at the Italian House I wonder why I don't eat there more often because they definitely have the best Italian food in our area. They, in my opinion, the best lasagna I have ever eaten. It has a quaint environment with lots of great selections and very friendly wait staff.

Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

Had never heard of this place, but friend suggested that I bring out of town business guests there. Really neat lighting at night and great patio for warmer months. Private space in the back for special events. I think this was maybe an old house that was converted. Great food and service! Would go back with my family.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed December 13, 2018

So our family went to The Italian House on a weekend near the holidays. Understandably, they were crowded and despite our reservation, we had to wait a bit. No worries, the bartender whipped us up a couple of clever cocktails and we were off to a great start. In the meantime, we waited on the enclosed porch which was warm and inviting with festive holiday decor. Once seated, we found ourselves at a roomy table in a charming dining room. The restaurant is in a renovated old house in a hip little area of Westfield. The interior is just hip enough to keep up with the neighborhood. My sister and I split the roasted beet salad and the lasagna. If you read my other posts, you know I LOVE beet salad, and this dish at The Italian House was flavorful, colorful, and the perfect size to share (or for a meal), and definitely on par with the other exceptional beet salads I've had. The lasagna was also an ample portion. We opted for the half red sauce, half white sauce option, which I really enjoyed. I don't usually think of white sauce on lasagna, but it was yummy. I especially liked the bit of sweetness in their red sauce. Full disclosure, I have been on the Keto diet for 4 months, so this was the most pasta I have had in a good long while. It was definitely "sin-worthy" as I say about all things non-Keto but too hard to resist! My brother-in-law was quite full after his dinner. But the kids would have enjoyed more options on the children's menu. That's okay, when they are older they will appreciate having such a wonderful restaurant so close to home--one that's far better than any chain restaurant! Well done, Italian House!

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Took a business associate here this week. The service was excellent, matched by the menu choices. The Caesar salad was tasty — we split it — and we both had the chicken Parmesan. SO good...will definitely be returning!

Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

Worth it. Nice dinner. They do seafood well. Excellent table service. A great date place.

Bungalow house and backyard have been smartly transformed into a quaint Italian eatery.

A great place to sit outside in May during a warm spring evening.

Date of visit: May 2018