“Worth the wait”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed December 13, 2018

So our family went to The Italian House on a weekend near the holidays. Understandably, they were crowded and despite our reservation, we had to wait a bit. No worries, the bartender whipped us up a couple of clever cocktails and we were off to a great start. In the meantime, we waited on the enclosed porch which was warm and inviting with festive holiday decor. Once seated, we found ourselves at a roomy table in a charming dining room. The restaurant is in a renovated old house in a hip little area of Westfield. The interior is just hip enough to keep up with the neighborhood. My sister and I split the roasted beet salad and the lasagna. If you read my other posts, you know I LOVE beet salad, and this dish at The Italian House was flavorful, colorful, and the perfect size to share (or for a meal), and definitely on par with the other exceptional beet salads I've had. The lasagna was also an ample portion. We opted for the half red sauce, half white sauce option, which I really enjoyed. I don't usually think of white sauce on lasagna, but it was yummy. I especially liked the bit of sweetness in their red sauce. Full disclosure, I have been on the Keto diet for 4 months, so this was the most pasta I have had in a good long while. It was definitely "sin-worthy" as I say about all things non-Keto but too hard to resist! My brother-in-law was quite full after his dinner. But the kids would have enjoyed more options on the children's menu. That's okay, when they are older they will appreciate having such a wonderful restaurant so close to home--one that's far better than any chain restaurant! Well done, Italian House!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Took a business associate here this week. The service was excellent, matched by the menu choices. The Caesar salad was tasty — we split it — and we both had the chicken Parmesan. SO good...will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

Worth it. Nice dinner. They do seafood well. Excellent table service. A great date place.

Bungalow house and backyard have been smartly transformed into a quaint Italian eatery.

A great place to sit outside in May during a warm spring evening.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed September 23, 2018

This is truely one of my favorite restaurants and I couldn't wait to take a couple of newbies to sample the wonderful food and atmosphere . Unfortunately, the weather turned from 90 degrees one day to 60's the night we made reservations so we had no choice but to sit inside. I love love love sitting on the patio ! This old house is adorable but the noise factor is deafning ! I was exhausted by the time we left because the noise level of people talking all around you forces you to shout to your table mates and I couldn't even concentrate on the conversation . I will NEVER sit inside again.
While the menue had changed since I was last there and I really missed the crab cakes ! .....my entree was excellent, Scallops with a Mushroom risotto ! To die for ! Perfectly cooked scallops ! My date had the A LA Vodka with Shrimp...while it was a little dry and lacking in vodka sauce, just by asking for more sauce made the dish excellent. We were a little disappointed that the "special" for the evening was not available at 8 pm on a Sat night...we had just got there and seated at 7:30 pm .
I would say that everytime wew have been here the service was excellent......it was a little off this visit.....our server was very available, I just felt that she was very inexperienced and did not explain the dishes in a fashion that I felt they deserved of this establishment. All in all tho...it will remain a favorite of mine...JUST DON'T SIT INSIDE !

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We spent our evening at the Italian House and had a wonderful meal. Our waiter AJ suggested a nice wine for dinner and we took his suggestion and was pleasantly surprised we all liked it, so great suggestion. The bread and oil arrived and my Italian boys were happy. We ordered the calamari which was very nice and quite different from what we were used to but we liked it. I ordered the a capresse salad, and shared. For dinner We ordered the eggplant, the scampi and Alfredo. All were excellent. The boys had dessert and we ended a great evening.
Thank you AJ and the chefs.
Give this one a try and you will be delighted.

Date of visit: August 2018