“Excellent Seafood. Great Atmosphere.”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Worth it. Nice dinner. They do seafood well. Excellent table service. A great date place.

Bungalow house and backyard have been smartly transformed into a quaint Italian eatery.

A great place to sit outside in May during a warm spring evening.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

This is truely one of my favorite restaurants and I couldn't wait to take a couple of newbies to sample the wonderful food and atmosphere . Unfortunately, the weather turned from 90 degrees one day to 60's the night we made reservations so we had no choice but to sit inside. I love love love sitting on the patio ! This old house is adorable but the noise factor is deafning ! I was exhausted by the time we left because the noise level of people talking all around you forces you to shout to your table mates and I couldn't even concentrate on the conversation . I will NEVER sit inside again.
While the menue had changed since I was last there and I really missed the crab cakes ! .....my entree was excellent, Scallops with a Mushroom risotto ! To die for ! Perfectly cooked scallops ! My date had the A LA Vodka with Shrimp...while it was a little dry and lacking in vodka sauce, just by asking for more sauce made the dish excellent. We were a little disappointed that the "special" for the evening was not available at 8 pm on a Sat night...we had just got there and seated at 7:30 pm .
I would say that everytime wew have been here the service was excellent......it was a little off this visit.....our server was very available, I just felt that she was very inexperienced and did not explain the dishes in a fashion that I felt they deserved of this establishment. All in all tho...it will remain a favorite of mine...JUST DON'T SIT INSIDE !

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We spent our evening at the Italian House and had a wonderful meal. Our waiter AJ suggested a nice wine for dinner and we took his suggestion and was pleasantly surprised we all liked it, so great suggestion. The bread and oil arrived and my Italian boys were happy. We ordered the calamari which was very nice and quite different from what we were used to but we liked it. I ordered the a capresse salad, and shared. For dinner We ordered the eggplant, the scampi and Alfredo. All were excellent. The boys had dessert and we ended a great evening.
Thank you AJ and the chefs.
Give this one a try and you will be delighted.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The beet salad is excellent - 3 if us had it again on this return trip and would do again. Summery sweet and delicious. Chicken entree was the best ever, said our chicken lover. Sat outside and was so pleasant and delightful. MacKenzie did a great job as our server, keeping water glasses full and attention to detail. Look forward to returning

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Dining here since it opened, we loved the Italian house from day one. It just keep getting better!
The back bar and patio provide a great, and preferable, alternative to the min house.
Service always good, good wine list, food great!
Highly recommend.