“Quite a surprise!”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Dining here since it opened, we loved the Italian house from day one. It just keep getting better!
The back bar and patio provide a great, and preferable, alternative to the min house.
Service always good, good wine list, food great!
Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

This may be the best Italian restaurant in Central Indiana! Seven of us dined here and each had a different dish. We all loved our food! Everything from the bread to the cannoli was fresh, including the pasta.

The place was packed for a Wednesday evening. Reservations are strongly recommended. The restaurant is in an old house that has a lot of character.

Note, though, that parking is an issue. Street parking is available, but there are other restaurants on this formerly residential street. There are two gravel parking lots about a block in each direction. I wouldn’t let the parking keep you from this amazing gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I am often in the Westfield area but had never heard of this place or this little strip of street with quaint restaurants. It was a beautiful night to sit outside but the inside looked nice as well. Since we were with a large group, we ordered several cocktails, appetizers, salads, entrees and dessert. Everything was very good across the board. I will definitely return in the future and look forward to trying the other restaurants on the street.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an impromptu date night during the week. The service and food were very good! I had the sausage orecchiette and my husband the carbonara.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I was introduced to this restaurant by friends, and disastrously broke my diet this evening. Every mouthful was exquisite. I had the carbonara, and though it took a few bites to tune in to the subtle flavors, from then on I was in heaven. The mistake I’d made was taking a bite of my companion’s lasagna with red sauce. There is some seasoning in it that elevates it over any red sauce I can remember having. Going back to my carbonara with the memory of that lasagna took some willpower.

My friend ordered mussels for an appetizer, not something I would normally order, but once I dipped some bread into the sauce I was hooked. Truly excellent.

Finally, I saved room for tiramisu for desert, and again was not disappointed. Every bite full of creamy goodness.

I see several one star reviews for this restaurant, glad I got to try it with an unbiased mind. This was one of the best meals I’ve had since coming back to central Indiana.