“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I am often in the Westfield area but had never heard of this place or this little strip of street with quaint restaurants. It was a beautiful night to sit outside but the inside looked nice as well. Since we were with a large group, we ordered several cocktails, appetizers, salads, entrees and dessert. Everything was very good across the board. I will definitely return in the future and look forward to trying the other restaurants on the street.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an impromptu date night during the week. The service and food were very good! I had the sausage orecchiette and my husband the carbonara.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I was introduced to this restaurant by friends, and disastrously broke my diet this evening. Every mouthful was exquisite. I had the carbonara, and though it took a few bites to tune in to the subtle flavors, from then on I was in heaven. The mistake I’d made was taking a bite of my companion’s lasagna with red sauce. There is some seasoning in it that elevates it over any red sauce I can remember having. Going back to my carbonara with the memory of that lasagna took some willpower.

My friend ordered mussels for an appetizer, not something I would normally order, but once I dipped some bread into the sauce I was hooked. Truly excellent.

Finally, I saved room for tiramisu for desert, and again was not disappointed. Every bite full of creamy goodness.

I see several one star reviews for this restaurant, glad I got to try it with an unbiased mind. This was one of the best meals I’ve had since coming back to central Indiana.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Love the ambiance and the servers and will go back, but food quality is declining and man "greeting" customers is rude! Avoid the seafood, inconsistent quality, sometimes strong. And an Italian restaurant that serves overcooked and underwhelming meat balls?!?

Do sit in the garage or on the patio, wonderful! Do order the pasta dishes, chicken or veal Marsala or picata, usually very good! Management needs to make some changes out front and in the kitchen.....! But the servers and the environment are terrific!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Ordered Chicken Parmesan, my favorite. Very poor taste. I could not eat it and both other people at my table tried it and did not like it either. Also Bruschtta had too much Balsamic Vinegar. Could not even taste the tomatoes. Waitress did remove entree from our bill but no one really seemed to care about our complaint. Will not return. Very over-priced for what you get. Musician was great. Hope he goes somewhere else so we can enjoy him again elsewhere

1  Thank maryann603
Beth H, Owner at The Italian House, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Hi there MaryAnn-- we are disheartened to hear that you did not enjoy your Chicken Parmesan! While your server did take the entree of your bill, we do encourage all of our guests to bring any issues up with our management so we can rectify the situation. Please be assured that this will be an isolated incident and not a true representation of our business. We thank you for your feedback and hope that you will give us another try soon!