“Great italian in Westfield”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an impromptu date night during the week. The service and food were very good! I had the sausage orecchiette and my husband the carbonara.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I was introduced to this restaurant by friends, and disastrously broke my diet this evening. Every mouthful was exquisite. I had the carbonara, and though it took a few bites to tune in to the subtle flavors, from then on I was in heaven. The mistake I’d made was taking a bite of my companion’s lasagna with red sauce. There is some seasoning in it that elevates it over any red sauce I can remember having. Going back to my carbonara with the memory of that lasagna took some willpower.

My friend ordered mussels for an appetizer, not something I would normally order, but once I dipped some bread into the sauce I was hooked. Truly excellent.

Finally, I saved room for tiramisu for desert, and again was not disappointed. Every bite full of creamy goodness.

I see several one star reviews for this restaurant, glad I got to try it with an unbiased mind. This was one of the best meals I’ve had since coming back to central Indiana.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Love the ambiance and the servers and will go back, but food quality is declining and man "greeting" customers is rude! Avoid the seafood, inconsistent quality, sometimes strong. And an Italian restaurant that serves overcooked and underwhelming meat balls?!?

Do sit in the garage or on the patio, wonderful! Do order the pasta dishes, chicken or veal Marsala or picata, usually very good! Management needs to make some changes out front and in the kitchen.....! But the servers and the environment are terrific!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Ordered Chicken Parmesan, my favorite. Very poor taste. I could not eat it and both other people at my table tried it and did not like it either. Also Bruschtta had too much Balsamic Vinegar. Could not even taste the tomatoes. Waitress did remove entree from our bill but no one really seemed to care about our complaint. Will not return. Very over-priced for what you get. Musician was great. Hope he goes somewhere else so we can enjoy him again elsewhere

1  Thank maryann603
Beth H, Owner at The Italian House, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Hi there MaryAnn-- we are disheartened to hear that you did not enjoy your Chicken Parmesan! While your server did take the entree of your bill, we do encourage all of our guests to bring any issues up with our management so we can rectify the situation. Please be assured that this will be an isolated incident and not a true representation of our business. We thank you for your feedback and hope that you will give us another try soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We moved to Westfield 3 months ago and have been wanting to eat here but they were always full so you would think great place! Let me tell you it was sub par and we were disappointed!
Started with sangria - the most bland I have ever had, no fruit, white wine and orange juice with a wilted cherry. The bruschetta was over saturated with basalmic to point that bread was soggy and way too cheese forward in taste. The bread and butter was not very good-should use a better quality bread and thicker slices with better spices in butter.
I ordered the shrimp scampi and it was okay. My husband had the red grouper and it was fair but then left a terrible after taste in his mouth. It cost $31 - wasn’t worth $15. Then my Mom had the chicken parmesan, her favorite and it was inedible. We all tasted it and the chicken tasted like cardboard or worse. We told our waitress about how bad it was and she did remove the chicken parmesan from our bill but a manager or the chef never came to see what was wrong.
I was a restaurant owner for a time and I ALWAYS made a point to talk to customers and especially if someone didn’t like something I wanted to know why and would care about their thoughts. No one cared just took off the meal from bill. An employee - not our waitress even told my husband that a lot of customers do NOT like the Grouper but come back and try something else that they have some good dishes! Really? Why have it on the menu if people don’t like it?

The atmosphere was great and so was the music.

1  Thank JVSweeteas

Hey there, thank you for taking a moment to leave us with your feedback. Feedback from our customers is incredibly important as it helps us to learn, grow and better our restaurant. We are so saddened to hear that you did not have a good experience with us and we apologize. We strive to provide our guests with food worthy of 5-stars, and falling short is always disappointing. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!