“A unique dining experience”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed June 24, 2018

This was recommended by friends while we visited in June and we enjoyed it a great deal. We dined with 2 other couples and found the atmosphere perfect for conversation and dining. Prices were right in line with what we expected and the service was very good. We had ravioli, Shrimp Scampi and Chicken Saltimboco (?). They had a little different flavor than we are used to from our home town Italian but it was very good. They have a nice wine selection and enough beer choices on tap.

The restaurant is a remodeled house on a residential street and is surrounded by similar restaurants. We enjoyed this setting as well.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Wife and I had a very nice dinner there. We had a reservation on Saturday night and were seated promptly. The server was cordial and helpful. The food was absolutely great. It was our first time there but plan on going back some time soon

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent and the staff was very prompt and courteous. Great outdoor patio for dining and there is an outdoor bar area as well. Will visit again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Great casual atmosphere and fantastic food. Was lucky to be able to walk in and be seated, would recommend advance reservation. Food is fresh and menu is diverse.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Made a reservation for six but had thirteen when we arrived. The folks there handled it with ease and we all were seated immediately. The place appeared to be an home at sometime and was told by someone with us that the city had rezoned the area for commercial and several of the restaurants in the area were old homes that were converted into eating establishments. My meal started with the Cozze appetizer which are mussels steamed in a white wine butter broth with tomatoes. It was served with pepperoncini bread which I used to dip into the delicious sauce. The mussels were tender and sweet and when accompanied by the bread was an outstanding way to start a meal. Others in our party had the calamari and bruschetta. Someone in our group thought the bruschetta was the best that they had ever had. Originally I had my mind set on the Pasta Bolognese but did not see it on the menu so ordered my second choice, the Sausage Orcchitette. The meal consisted of Italian sausage, red cabbage, pancetta, spinach, pasta cooked in a white wine sauce. It was fantastic although very spicy. In addition, I could only eat about half the order but it made for a great warm up lunch the next day. I also took a bite on my wife's scallop plate, and even though I am not a big scallop fan, I must admit that they were very tasteful. In summation, service was great, price was what you would expect and the food was amazingly good.

1  Thank raidenrobert