“Great casual atmosphere and fantastic food”
Review of The Italian House

The Italian House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Great casual atmosphere and fantastic food. Was lucky to be able to walk in and be seated, would recommend advance reservation. Food is fresh and menu is diverse.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Made a reservation for six but had thirteen when we arrived. The folks there handled it with ease and we all were seated immediately. The place appeared to be an home at sometime and was told by someone with us that the city had rezoned the area for commercial and several of the restaurants in the area were old homes that were converted into eating establishments. My meal started with the Cozze appetizer which are mussels steamed in a white wine butter broth with tomatoes. It was served with pepperoncini bread which I used to dip into the delicious sauce. The mussels were tender and sweet and when accompanied by the bread was an outstanding way to start a meal. Others in our party had the calamari and bruschetta. Someone in our group thought the bruschetta was the best that they had ever had. Originally I had my mind set on the Pasta Bolognese but did not see it on the menu so ordered my second choice, the Sausage Orcchitette. The meal consisted of Italian sausage, red cabbage, pancetta, spinach, pasta cooked in a white wine sauce. It was fantastic although very spicy. In addition, I could only eat about half the order but it made for a great warm up lunch the next day. I also took a bite on my wife's scallop plate, and even though I am not a big scallop fan, I must admit that they were very tasteful. In summation, service was great, price was what you would expect and the food was amazingly good.

1  Thank raidenrobert
Reviewed May 30, 2018

We were a party of 6. Service was quite good.

On of our party received his lasagna and the plate was more warm than the food. The waitress corrected the problem to his satisfaction with a replacement dinner (they did not take his plate to the kitchen and heat it up......a whole new serving was presented)

2 of our group ordered the carbanara.....it was salty.....by selective tasting, they determined that it had to be too much salt in the pasta water. The server brought them more sauce to dilute the saltiness....this worked quite well. And, then the server offered them a complimentary dessert. Aside from the saltiness, the meal was quite good, by their reports.

My wife had the chicken marsala which was quite good.

Two of us had the Alla Vodka.....quite tasty with a little kick which was a surprise for a vodka sauce....but quite good......Personally, though, I would have preferred a little more sauce. (but I also like my mashed potatoes swimming in gravy!!!)

Even though we had a couple problems, it was a great experience and we will return. Management/our server handled everything quite well.

And, given the quality etc. of the Italian restaurants in Indianapolis, this is well worth the extra drive to Westfield.

1  Thank gold-vintner
Reviewed May 16, 2018

We had a great dinner with excellent wines. The black bean soup and calamari were great starters. A shrimp special was enjoyed by several, but I had veal picatta which was very good as was the pasta. It was 1/2 price wine night and the list is very good and mostly Italian so a big plus. We will definitely go back-not sure why I did not find this gem sooner.

2  Thank Bob S
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Made reservations for 6p. Weather was perfect, we were seated on the back porch overlooking the patio. Great, relaxing scenery. Service by Robin was great. She knew her wines and suggested a white wine that perfectly complimented the Sea Scallops entree. We started with the calamari, presented with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese. Never thought of that combo. It was great. Also had the Chicken Picatta which was perfectly prepared. Ended our dinner with Tiramisu. Made all our friends JEALOUS. This is our new favorite restaurant!

2  Thank Wssloman