“Suprisingly nice!”

Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very friendly staff! Nice king suite with kitchen. Great bar with tons of craft beer. Terrific breakfast buffet! Pool is very nice with a hot tub and centrally located in a open air atrium. Ordered a roll away bed that was very comfortable for my son and quite big and not a cheap springy matress. This was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great hotel. I want to thank everyone that worked July 4 for doing a great job. All employees were nice. The room was clean the bed was comfortable. Hotel is in a great location within walking distance of a Applebee's.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We arrived late, but they had our reservation without an issue. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful with directions and what to do in the area. We were there for only one night, but it was an enjoyable one night. The rooms are maintain ok. The amenities are what you expect from a Four Points basic but do meet your needs. There is minimal furniture, but enough for you to enjoy or stay and work in the room if needed. The television was able to pivot enough for you to sit at the desk and see the screen. The temperature control did a nice job of keeping the room at the designated temp entered. Overall the room was clean except under the beds. They could use a good vacuuming. The water pressure was good and the drain functioned well. The location has an indoor and out door pool along with an indoor hot tub. Did not use them they looked clean and inviting. The halls smelled clean and appeared to be recently vacuumed. The restaurant for breakfast, not included, had a small selection, but I would not recommend the food. The food was stale and under cooked. I would eat out if you have the chance for the morning meal. The waitress though was very helpful and delight to speak with. The grounds were maintained and the parking lot was in good shape. The front desk staff was very friendly and made you feel welcomed. SPG members were not really overly recognized which was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool if you have kids. If you do not then get one facing another direction t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for an onsite conference and although the conference center was nice, the room was very dated and the bathroom was in desperate need of a remodel. The hotel staff was pleasant but again very dated hotel and I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MIchael C
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at the Four Points hotel in Lafayette just a few days ago on our way to Indianapolis. It was an older hotel but the rooms and grounds were very clean and the staff was very friendly. Room prices were reasonable. This was not our first choice as we had an event to attend in Indy but all the rooms were booked down there due to an NRA convention. It was locatred near the expressway and next to an applebees which came in handy.

Room Tip: We had a room with thwo queen beds. Very spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Was not very impressed with the room. Older carpet, and the shower/bathroom seemed pretty old. We could barely turn the shower on in the morning as the plug to turn it on was very stuck. We didn't have much time to spend in the room, but the TV wouldn't even turn on. I didn't have much time to mess around with it, but it would not turn on from the remote or from the actual button on the TV. The bar and wedding banquet facilities on site were nice, but the actual hotel was not too impressive.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We recently visited this hotel as guests at a family wedding. We enjoyed a lovely, clean King suite . the kitchenette was appropriate with a small coffee maker, small fridge and microwave. The breakfast buffet @ $9.99 per person was a wonderful deal! It was very well-presented and included many fresh fruit choices, cereals, pastries, steam trays with bacon, sausages, potato cakes, biscuits and gravy. best of all was our cook, Jose, who cooked up some delicious veggie and cheese omelettes and fresh baked waffles! Plenty of coffee and juices. Delightful morning after a wedding! We have one concern- we received our emailed copy of our receipt and it was as expected. But an unexpected $25 charge appeared on our credit card this morning from the hotel. With all of the bank and credit card fraud occurring these days I wanted to follow-up It took me four phone calls between our bank and the hotel to discover this was an "incidentals" charge that I had supposedly been informed of and had agreed to in the check-in process. I was initially told by a desk clerk that this was a charge posted by MY bank. I called my bank and they do not post charges against hotels. I was assured this would not actually be posted against my account but was there to cover anything not discovered while I was a guest. I understand the concept and I believe that is the purpose of the hotel keeping my credit card information for just that- missed incidentals but proceeding with charging me for a random amount of $25 until they prove I didn't really spend it bothers me. I spoke with a member of the Hotel Management staff and asked that at least the front desk should be properly educated about the charge and perhaps a LARGER FONT should be used on the sign at the front desk where guests are supposedly notified of this hypothetical charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Prestige Inn
Prestige Inn
#6 of 7 in West Lafayette
Baymont Inn & Suites Lafayette

Been to Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette? Share your experiences!