“Stuck in W Lafayette”

Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here while trapped in town by the snow and frigid temperatures. The staff definitely stepped up and made our stay very comfortable. Rooms appear to be remodeled in the last few years. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed 1 night to visit family at Purdue. Hotel was a little older looking inside than I would expect. Amenities like flat screen tv but the color scheme screams needing renovation. Clean hotel and likely has much business due to University teams traveling (seen in lobby) and the other amenities like ballroom/events room. I
I also had to pay upon booking which threw off my business expenses slightly. I will probably explore the hotels closer to Lafayette or campus next time. No restaurants nearby or walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and had an excellent stay. My room faced the atrium and I can see where it would be noisy if the hotel was busy, but I was fortunate enough to stay when occupancy was sparse. Room was clean, staff was helpful and friendly, bed was comfortable. Had plenty of hot water and water pressure was great. I had an excellent night of sleep. I would book this hotel again - especially if Purdue is not in session.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We needed a place close to a relatives home that accepted pets. This hotel does allow dogs and they did their best to accommodate us with a first floor room near an exit. The hotel is okay, nothing really special and a fair value for the rates charged. Don't expect a lot. The staff was working the Christmas weekend and their weren't a lot of people staying. Not much energy there. Rooms are clean and the beds are nice. The rest of the hotel is older in appearance and needs freshening. We tried to eat breakfast at the restaurant. There was only one waitress and she ignored us for the most part. Had to walk to the lobby to get a cup of coffee. By that time i wanted no part of the buffet. My wife did however and after the waitress noticed she had visited the buffet marched over with the bill for the meal. Not much more to say. Out of pure convenience we will likely return but not because we want to.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here during Thanksgiving of 2013. The hotel was not very crowded so I did not experience the noise that other reviewers have written about. The hotel as a whole however is in need of renovation. I booked through a travel service so I am not sure if that affected the quality of the room that I was assigned. The bathroom appeared to have mold on the caulking between the bathtub and the wall. There a similar black substance in other areas of the bathroom. I was disappointed about the common areas as well. the carpet in the hallway was tawdry. The name of the hotel (Four Seasons) gives the impression of an upscale property and the cost of the room is certainly indicative of a higher quality property, but I must say that I was disappointed by the condition of the hotel and the lack of amenities.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the atrium area if you stay in the summer. I am sure that this can get quite...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GMSusan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review. Our name is actually the Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our team strives to provide all of our guests a great experience and a great product. have reviewed your post with our Chief Engineer who is repairing the problems you pointed out himself. Thank you again for helping us to correct this issues.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed in the presidential suite with some friends at the beginning of November. While the hotel was very clean, and our room was a very nice size and kept very clean I can't say I'd recommend staying here. All night long there was so much noise, people from OSU and Purdue were running around banging loudly on doors and the staff was very slow to fix this problem.

One of the major issues was our door to the main room. It has a huge gap underneath it so anytime someone walked by the room you could hear everything they were saying, plus we were right next to the pool so all day we heard children splashing and screaming. The pool is indoors, which would have been fine if it was a separate room. However, it is in the middle of the hotel and the echo is deafening.

It was sort of last minute so it did well in a pinch, but I don't think I will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that the noise from the football fans created a poor experience for you. I have discussed your review with our Guest Service Manager and we have made some changes to our football weekend schedules to include a security officer to manage the noise so that all of our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We ended up with an "inner" room...windows facing the atrium and a corridor behind us. So obnoxiously loud - people playing/yelling in the pool, playing air hockey, eating breakfast in the am, climbing the metal staircase by our room. The room was ok (nice bed) but the smoke detector flashed every few seconds which made trying to sleep in the dark room more difficult.

Only plus for me: good location and I was able to bring my dog. Won't be staying here again...

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I take all feedback seriously and have addressed your issues with our staff so that we can correct these problems immediately. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lafayette
Prestige Inn
Prestige Inn
#6 of 7 in West Lafayette
Baymont Inn & Suites Lafayette

Been to Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette? Share your experiences!